Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Whitening Trio

I have finally switched back to my Lancôme Whitening products after using a mixture of Biotherm and Estee Lauder’s stuff.
In fact, I have not been using whitening products for a couple of months already.
To debunk all beauty myths, whitening products do not bleach the skin. If you are dark skinned by nature, please do NOT expect yourself to turn into Snow White with religious application.
No, it doesn’t work that way.
What they do is to lighten pigmentation, reduce age and sun spots and even out the skin tone.
So here I am, back to Lancôme’s trio.
Toner, serum and moisturizer.
My verdict:
Overall Comment: Nice texture. Great scent. Non greasy. Smooth application.
Product efficacy: Satisfactory! It makes my skin look brighter and clearer after just 2 days!
Price: 72 SGD for toner, 145 SGD for serum and 125 SGD for moisturizer.
(Although L’Oreal is the parent company of Lancôme, I feel that for the Whitening series, Lancôme’s stuff far surpasses that of L’Oreal’s)

Note:
I feel that it’s not advisable to be product loyal in the case of skincare regime. I know how it is like for us ladies to want to stick to the tried and tested products that work for our skin.
But notice how all brands continue to re-package and churn out new generations of their series of products? For instance, this Lancôme Whitening system is already into its 3rd generation, if I am not wrong.
Why?
Our skin becomes resistant to a certain product with prolonged usage. To prevent that from happening (and consumers realizing the stuff doesn’t work on them), beauty companies have to modify their formulas ever so often.

My suggestion? If you like a certain product, try ‘resting’ your skin after 2 bottles. Switch to another range to treat other skin concerns (e.g. fine lines etc) before returning back to your fave product.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

I don't really like lancome products. Though I have only tried the whitening serum, I think my money was not well spent! For 145bucks, my freckles didn't even lighten. Plus it doesn't smell good. :(

Not too sure about this 3rd generation one.

But I love the smell of biotherm products. Citrus-refreshing. And they gets absorbed into ur skin almost instantaneously. Love it. EXCEPT the stupid black peel off mask. Yucks.

12:13 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Aileen: Maybe you need to try at least 2 tubes. Oh, the 3rd generation's stuff smell better. True. The previous batches smell of nitrogen dioxide. (one of the ingredients used)

Biotherm's good. I like too! That White Detox Peel Off Mask (black in colour) sucks big time. I totally agree with you. Face Shop's peel off masks win it hands down.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I may need to start using whitening products... the first signs of freckles just made their appearance *shocked*. Do you have to use a moisturizer on top of the trio?

3:47 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Ok never mind, I just realized that there is a moisturizer among the trio:P. I have dry skin, so I guess I'm just concerned if the moisturizer is strong enough, since the main function seems to be whitening. I'm currently using Burt's Bee's moisturizer along with its serum, and they work pretty well for me.

3:51 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

I have combination skin. Sometimes, I wish I had drier skin. Girls with dry skin do not break out in pimples. But true, moisturising then becomes essential.

I love Burt's Bees' products! I have to buy them over from Drugstore.com and shipped them to Singapore. =( One of my fave cream is "Baby Bee Cream". It smells like biscuits and it's good for my sensitive skin problem days.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks for the review, girl!! :) you make me itch for them now. still trying to finish my stash of TBS / Loreal stuff before switching over to Lancome. the spot corrector is excellent!! i'm not even halfway through my tube and the freckles on my left have disappeared totally and the stubborn ones on my right have been reasonably lightened! this is the ONLY thing that worked for me... not even hydroquinone!! :P i'm definitely staying true to the spot corrector... just wish that it didn't have to be sooo expensive!! :P

how's the toner?? does it leave behind a sticky feeling / has alcohol high up in the ingredients list? :P still thinking of whether i should get this or not. i'm definitely getting the hydrator :D

10:51 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Wow Jenn! So glad Lancome's Spot Corrector worked for you.
True lah. Must curb the spread of spots at their early stages. Maybe that's why it was effective. Cannot wait till we're 30 plus to do that. By then, it has got to be lasering them off! Ouch.

The toner's scent is nice and although it reads "Moist" on the bottle, it's surprising refreshing.
The hydrator's a better buy though. Cos, it's stuff that moisturises. Toners are like cleansers. Get a reasonably good one and it's alright. I use Neutrogena and even ZA cleansers these days. Found it silly to splurge on a 75 SGD SK-II cleanser after a while. It doesn't do much.

Same for toners. I happen to own this because it's a sponsored gift from a generous darling. I cannot part with my $$ to buy it leh. My hard-earned cash is for the more essential products. =P

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!