Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Switching to 3G and Sony Ericsson

I just placed an order for Sony Ericsson’s K618i.
Black or White? Well, make a guess.

My previous Nokia 7370 is too pretty but useless. I admit, I made a mistake. Pretty things are made to look good but are limited in capabilities. That bimbotic phone is just like a dumb blonde with a near non-existent built-in memory and no memory card slot!!!
Good grief gracious. =(

Stupid blonde

The K618i is a very lightweight 3G phone weighing just 89 grams with a 2 megapixel camera, expandable memory (using Memory Stick Micro cards) with a 256Mb card included (I tell you, this one won me over). It also has Bluetooth and of course an MP3 player.

The K618i's display is only a 176x220 pixel unit, but this is an acceptable trade-off for the handset's light weight and it will be good enough for me.

I know! I was thinking of K800i with Cybershot functions but it costs a hefty $208 with a 2 year plan. K810i? 568 bucks alright? Too steep. Moreover, I am not too thrilled with handling a joystick. Stupid things that ought to be phased out…

This K618i set me back at only $57 bucks inclusive of a 3G SIM card.
Overall, the K618i shows typically stylish Sony Ericsson design - it's a smart looking device that is pretty unmistakable in its origins yet good for professional business usage. No frills and hardworking gadgets with a good price. That’s precisely what I need.

Post Script: Aileen got this Sony Ericsson Z610i a week ago. It’s also cheap and good.

But no clamshells for me for now. I already have this:
Yes, no kidding. It's such a sweet gift to keep forever! Hey, not cheap man. $350 SGD ok?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

The Hello Kitty phone is expensive!!!! (so is everything sanrio! LOL!) so nice of the person who gave it to you!! :)

wow... phones have really advanced haven't they? (or maybe i'm left too far behind :P)... my phone is a K500i which has only 11MB built in memory... and megapixel? what megapixel?! hahahaha!! but phones are just phones for me :) my phone bill rarely exceeds RM15 a month (serious!!). hahaha!!

i'm guessing... you got the white one?? :D

7:00 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yep, advanced phones are not for me too. This one's cheap, good and quite current.

And yes! Jenn does know me pretty well by now. ;-P
White it is!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah... the hello kitty phone is cute! You mean this phone can be used in Singapore?

12:43 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yep Lani,
The Singapore SIM card can be slotted into the phone. Similar size and configuration.
Ah! The greatness of technological compatibility! =P

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!