Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers’ Day, a Splitting Headache and an Aspiring Paparazzo!

In the end, we took Mom shopping for clothes. And she spent the entire afternoon looking for something she likes! It’s true. When you are intentionally looking for something, you will never find it.
Which is why I don’t shop with the intention of buying a specific item. I buy as and when they pop up in front of me. And I think this is bad too. Purchases tend to be endless like this. -_-

Mom was trying a couple of tops in this boutique and my legs are killing me. I walked into a changing room myself and plonked myself down unto the chair provided in every room. While we waited for her, I asked Aileen whether she knows how to snap self portraits of oneself in the mirror. Many people have been doing that to showcase their outfits. But I just don’t seem to be able to do it well. Ah, I need some pointers from my camera savvy sista. And so, to while time away, she taught me a trick or two. Honestly, I have no talent for photography. Practice makes perfect, but I am too lazy to try.


I had a splitting headache later in the afternoon and needed my coffee fix. We had some peanut butter toast too.

Thick yummy toast!

Aileen started playing with my camera and snapped lots of candid shots. She said this is the essence of paparazzi shots. To capture celebrities at their most unglam moments for the tabloids.
And snapped away she did.

Celebs hold their Starbucks coffee cup with much style. As for myself, it's a $1.20 traditional kopi.

In the face of food, just chomp away. Image? What image??!!

My coffee fix came too late. By dinnertime, I was like a bear with a sore head. I ran out of Panadol Extra and was getting a bit delirious. The opportunistic Aileen started taking more ‘ugly celeb’ pictures of me in action.
Mind you, I was in pain. And sick. Not posing deliberately for some lame shots.
Decided not to waste her effort. So, here is another 1 more unsavory picture. Work of the aspiring paparazzo in my family.

The idiotism of paparazzi. Capitalise on the pain of others!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

hey girl!! i like your hair!! :D really funky yet chic at the same time! :D the aviators framed your face nicely!! so hollywood! :D

the picture of the peanut butter toast made my tummy churn. it looks sooooo good!!! maybe i'll get one at the canteen. gosh so much for my non-existant self-control!! T_T

you have lovely shoulders! :D mine is horribly slanted and fleshy (yucks!!).

looks like you had a great day out! (until the headache striked that is). siblings are soo annoying sometimes right!! its as if they exist to add to our torment. haha!! both of you (and your sis) look good!! such beautiful skin!

2:09 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

I just cut my hair! It's shorter, so now, the ponytail's spunkier.

Haha, hope you had a good lunch.

My shoulders are also slanted. And when I wear tubes, I feel a bit unsafe. Heehee. Scared they slip off. Secret fear.

Yea, to say Aileen is my tormentor is an UNDERSTATEMENT. She told me that she is the Ernie in Sesame Street who lives for the sake of seeing 'Bert'--me, getting pissed and fainting from annoyance. Haha. She works my heart well. ;-P

2:40 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

hey crazychick and miss ivy, this is what siblings are for! They literally BRIGHTEN up your day and life 24/7! They are everything you're not that's why God put two together and B-I-N-G-O! Happy Family.. *Ernie sniggerssss*

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!