Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Cut Above The Rest (Part 1)

Watched a Korean film a couple of days back. It’s called “200 Pounds Beauty (미녀는 괴로워)”. Produced at an apt time when Korea has become a highly coveted destination for plastic surgery, this movie is about a highly obese girl with a voice of an angel. Unfortunately, she is doomed to be a lip sync backup singer till she decided to take fate into her own hands and put herself through a head-to-toe overhaul.
She reaped success and snagged the man of her dreams at the end of the show.
Cliché.

But this movie is timely as it depicts the society which embraces surgical procedures as the quick-fix solution to our physical woes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here are some quotes from the movie that I found rather memorable:

Plastic Surgeon: Beauty is an attitude.
(tells lead actress that apart from looking pretty, a beauty needs confidence to make a person truly attractive)

Friend to Lead Actress: Those with plastic surgery aren’t women. But monsters.

Friend dispensing advice to lead actress again:
All men are the same. They say that plastic surgery is ok. But not with their girls. That’s men.

Male Lead Voicing His Take on Plastic Surgery:
About plastic surgery, I’ve thought about it. I think I can understand. Only if it’s not my girl. I absolutely hate it. …
But I understand.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What do you think my readers?
For my male readers, are you against plastic surgery in your woman?
For my female readers, would you enhance your physical attributes through surgical means?

P/S Anyone who has touched a fake boob, tell us how it feels like. I am curious about how it feels like to the touch. And really, "You can tell it's fake by touching?" Maybe they're perpetually in a 'petrified state'.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger yuE said...

plastic surg is perfectly fine if she thinks it boost her confident.

though, if i prob like the original her rather than the plastic one..

10:36 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Yue:
Thanks for your response Robbie!

Side Point:
Just watch a segment of 娱乐百分百 featuring the latest album promotion of Cyndi Wang (王心凌).
Boy, she looks extremely freaky. Crooked mouth, swollen puffy face and heavy protruding eyes.
Maybe she just had BOTOX recently. And the post injection effects haven't worn out yet. Anyway, she had difficulty speaking.
So sad. Poor thing.

Or I am mistaken. She had fallen ill recently.

1:55 AM  
Blogger yuE said...

she prob did some plastic...

4:21 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't judge a person if they go for plastic surg, if they think that they'll feel better about themselves after going under the knife, by all means go do it! :)

but as for myself, i won't go for it. to me, though the result may be nice, it requires too much "maintenence" and care on my part. and of course, the chance of a failed job is there too. think Courtney Love, Melanie Griffith and Michael Jackson!! *shudders* not to mention the post-surgery swelling and all. though i hate my face on certain days, i love it too much to put it through so much pain!! :P

i havent seen Cyndi Wang's pictures lately, but i'm thinking of Jolin Tsai. gosh. another plastic face in the market.

8:03 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Jenn:
Yep, maintenance is the word! Really have to continue to keep some parts in tip top condition. Replacing silicone stuffings, botox regularly etc.
I guess that's life in entertainment.

Jolin's fake. But fake good. Cyndi's currently a disaster case. Hope the after effects will wear off. Apparently, it takes around a week or two to achieve the end results.
I saw a real life demo of how we can sculpt our face (slim it down and contour it) by jabbing it with botox!!!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

All the Korean actresses look the same to me.. do they all go to the same surgeon?

Why on earth does Cyndi need botox for? Isn't she like 20 or sth? and her face's so skinny, why would she need to sculpt it? Craziness. I agree Jolin's fake good too.. she prob did sth to her chubby face.

I don't really care if other people go for plastic surgery (although I fully admit that I did turn my nose up a couple of times when I see those overdone ones.. Dawn Yang anyone? yuck), but I don't think I'll do it. My husband will faint, hah (he's totally against it).

1:00 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Xinyi:
Yep, I don't think you need anything else. You're intelligent, beautiful, snowy white and have the most coveted hair.

Ambi and you share such a sweet love. But yea, think he'll faint if you did something. >_<
What's good should remain as such.

Oooo! You're one of the first personal friends who think Dawn Yang's overdone. Half of SG worships at her feet (oops, blog) and she's the new template to request for at our friendly Orchard Camden surgery clinics. Heeheehee.
She's from our JC alma mater. Sigh. I don't know, I am undecided for her case. Cos, she has pretty much made it to fame, fortune and adoration already.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

*puts right hand up* me thinks that she's overdone too :P pretty, but still fake.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!