Sunday, April 22, 2007

To Scale Greater Heights

I need to climb another mountain again.
And I mean, yes, you’ve heard it right—literally. Physically.

Sometimes, when you are frustrated with yourself, you have to learn to stretch yourself to the limits. And how better to do it than to climb a mountain? To date, I have conquered 2 mountains in my life. They are "Frenchman’s Peak" in Perth and "Cradle Mountain" in Tasmania. On both occasions, during my ascent I asked myself “Whatever possessed me to inflict this torture onto myself?”
I swore with much conviction that I will never ever put myself in so much danger and physical torment again.

But right now, I need to climb another mountain. I need to face danger, tackle difficult terrain, endure harsh weather elements and feel alive. When I descend from the formidable mountain, I will know that because I had performed a personally Herculean feat, there’s nothing I cannot overcome in my life. Come hail or high water, I am ready to take the bull by its horns.
Seasoned mountaineer I am not. But now I know why they say climbing mountains can be addictive.

**Read about my previous experience scaling Cradle Mountain here: Cradle Mountain in Tasmania.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

which mountain are you going to conquer now? :D go for it girl!! :)

btw, you look really pretty while climbing Cradle Mountain! ;)

my old and wobbly knees cannot take hiking :( they hurt 5 minutes into the journey. looks like i have put aside my dream of conquering Mt. Kinabalu... *sobs*

7:21 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Hm...I haven't had a clue yet. But I think the location should be somewhere in Australia. It's approaching winter though over there and the conditions may not permit for mountain climbing. At least not for me. I am such an amatuer.

Haha, I looked radiant before climbing Cradle Mountain because the scenery is simply breath-taking and the air's so fresh. But after? It's almost like I have survived a disaster.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hahaha!! you still look cute with the messy hair and that expression! LOL!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Chey! I thought you were so metaphorical when you talked about climbing mountain. So it's REAL mountain nor...

where and when u going to climb mountain? I climb with u? U sponsor a bit of money for me lah, as a great companion and photographer and videographer. (I will be buying a videocam soon!)

6:09 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

We can go Australia. It's one of the most beautiful places I have been to. Not to mention, relatively cheaper. Not Europe loh.

Wah, if you have a video cam, guess all the Carebearies will be lining up to take their personal videos. Haha!

=P

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!