Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back to Basics

I mentioned in a previous entry about being an experimental dresser. Yep, sometimes I do don on a freaking weird ensemble. On good days, I can go from Gwen Stefani’s cool, Nicole Kidman’s chic, Sarah Jessica Parker’s whimsical, Avril Lavigne’s punk, Jennifer Aniston’s casual to Jessica Alba’s sexy.

Of course, the ability to capture celebrity styles is a simple case of monkey mirroring. At the end of the day however, my personal style is a deeply entrenched classic lady look. That means sweet dresses that keep the skin under wraps. Yes, when I was 20, it does seem a little too early to be looking like a Stepford wife. But now, the time is ripe for me to return to what ‘Ivy’ truly looks like. Well, at least, for my sane days. ;-P


Audrey Hepburn is my style inspiration

I love girly frocks like these!!!

Rainie Yang's strawberry dress screams cute and lady! I want to add it to my collection!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Audrey is such a timeless beauty! love her elegance and effortless class!!

methinks that you have an equisite air that only classy pieces can complement! ;)

the strawberry dress is really adorable!!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Thanks for your compliments dear gal.

Yep, I guess class and elegance comes with age, wisdom and confidence. Perhaps that's why they compare women to wine. ;-P

6:44 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I second crazy chick.. Audrey Hepburn's classic look definitely suits you:). From your pictures I think you can pull off a spectrum of different styles though.. it's fun to experiment!

I love dresses.. but maybe it's because I'm just too lazy to mix and match my tops and bottoms all the time, heh. Wearing a cute frock is just more effortless;p.

Oh, and I heart Rainy Yang's dress!

2:52 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Xinyi:
You look lovely in dresses. I think your personal style is very Japanese ladylike. It is classic, demure, sweet and pretty all at the same time.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!