Friday, April 13, 2007

Tatty Devine’s In Singapore!!!

Ok, Tatty Devine’s not a person. It is just an accessories brand.

Some background:
Tatty Devine is famous for unique and quirky accessories, which elevate jewellery to art status. The pair behind it all, Harriet Vine and Rosie Wolfenden, have no formal training as jewellers. They met studying Fine Art at Chelsea School of Art in 1996, and had planned to become artists until Harriet found some bags of leather samples on the way home from the pub one night. The duo made some leather cuffs to sell at Portobello and Spitalfields markets, and Tatty Devine was born!
Vogue magazine soon caught on, as did Browns Focus and Harvey Nichols, and the girls launched their first official collection at London Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2001. A headquarters was essential to the operation, and so the Brick Lane space opened in 2001, which has developed into a showroom, workshop, offices and shop.

Anyway, the duo will be in town TODAY! Yes, 12 April 2007, Thursday, Velvet Underground, 8.30pm. till late.

But I didn’t request for invites because I cannot turn up. Pity.

I love their accessories. They are definitely statement pieces without the bling bling, yet, simply so eye catching and worth collecting.
Perhaps, I would be so crazy to start my Tatty Devine’s collection? Aw…I don’t know.

Here’s a sneak preview of their "oh I just gotta have 'em" pieces:


Horse and Carriage Necklace (54 pounds)

Trapeze Necklace (42 pounds)

Music Note Bracelet (45 pounds)


Lady and Dog Brooch (32 pounds)

Roller coaster Necklace (58 pounds)



My personal favourite: Dinosaur Necklace (96 pounds)

I know! It's totally so OTT (over the top). Unfortunately, I fell for the prehistoric relics. So, can anyone tell me whether the WHITE or BLACK dino is nicer? =P

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

i prefer the black one, simply because i can't wear white! haha!

the items look soooo cute!! they're really one of a kind as well!! definitely worth collecting (but the price factor is stopping me! haha! ringgit sucks).

4:11 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yea, the prices are stopping me too. Really unique but super steep. =( SGD is not good against the English pound too. Sigh.

9:16 PM  
Blogger min said...

oh god!!!
the price!!
hahhaaha

i like the white one!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yea, I like the white one just because bones should be white. =)
The black one is more striking though. Too bad, the price is one limiting factor.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

私は音符のブレスレットが欲しいのですが、どうすればいいですか?^^

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!