Friday, March 30, 2007

我和姥姥 My Grandmother and I

Attended Aileen’s play production on Thursday evening.

Overall, it was fine. Some of the cast members did very well. Unfortunately, some fell short. I was expecting a near flawless production and questioned Aileen for the reason. Apparently, their professor wanted a more organic approach to it. Moreover, their performance will be graded. No wonder. How can anyone be highly agitated and adopt a relaxed posture. That’s not believable dudes!

Alright, I am not being biased here, but Aileen was great! She took on the role of “姥姥”—the grandmother of the lead actress. She could grasp her role and masterfully portrayed the elderly character an elderly woman through the use of appropriate mannerisms and apt intonation. Anyway, hers cannot be termed as consummate acting but it was good enough. I rate it a B+ to A-. Just take care of the 3rd and 4th scenes tonight sister!

Aileen the Doting Grandmother


Photo shots:

Ok, she doesn't look so old after all! Phew! =P

Waiting for Aileen to be dismissed after her de-brief.

Sepia Shot

Suspending Judgement

Stuntswoman in making

Ok, take a breather...

Yikes! I am locked out! Let me in!


The National Museum of Singapore is a very beautiful place. If you haven’t been there yet, you can consider it a date worthy location. Spacious, quiet and clean. What a perfect setting to get to know people better.


Have a cuppa at Wa Bar and Café. You can browse through the books on the shelves while drinking your coffee or relax in the couch for a tête-à-tête.


Where to spot lean mean road machines? Yes, at the National Museum of Singapore! There’s a Novus Restaurant and Bar located on the first floor.

Sorry, call me a wannabe but it's one of my life's goals to own one of these beauties. The Lotus is just a reluctant alternative to the much coveted Lamborghini.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Ivy!! you look absolutely stunning in the pics you know that? so pretty!!! i love the way you spice up the white-shirt-black-slacks outfit with the suspenders! looks really chic and elegant on you! and the high pony completes the whole look! i've never seen such nice "use" (for the lack of a better word) of the suspenders! most people i've seen look really silly in them. those youngsters should learn from you and get some taste. gosh!

how tall are you btw? you look really tall in the pics! ;)

and oh, i totally dig Aileen's hairdo! LOL!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Glad to hear that your sister did a good job.. I haven't seen a play in ages, wish I could catch that:).

I agree with crazychick, you look really chic in your suspenders! Makes me want to go get some;).

Haha, I probably can never afford a Lamborghini, so if I'm ever getting something like that, a Corvette will have to do (I think they're gorgeous too!).

2:09 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Thanks so much for the compliments Jenn. =)

Ah. The height issue...Let's just say it's the power of good angling. I am actually giggling while typing this out cos I vaguely remember telling you the statistics in an email asking abt for advice on TW dresses a loooong looong time ago. I'm giggling because the measurement given would give you such a jolt. Hahahahahahahaha....

I like Aileen's Ah Ma Hairdo better. (evil laughter)

4:41 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Arghh Blogger just erased my entire comment (some error).. have to retype it:P.

Glad to hear the your sister had a successful performance:). It's been too long since I watched a play, and I wish I could go watch your sister!

I totally agree with crazychick, you look chic in those suspenders .. makes me want to run out and get some;).

Haha, I probably can never afford a Lamborghini, so if I'm ever getting a car like that, I'll settle for a Corvette:).

3:25 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

A Corvette looks so hot too! Yes, that's a good alternative.

Thanks dear Xinyi for the compliment. =) Yep, I like the smart version of suspenders. It looks like dressing of 'Ah Sirs' in the HK police force--as portrayed in their dramas...haha.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!