Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Spiders and Burgers

Watched Spiderman 3 finally! Phew! I was almost afraid I was too late to catch it in the theatres. Overall I like it. It’s great. Effects and plot’s fine. But as usual, I couldn't sit through the movie without fidgeting and it was a sign that it’s a movie that does not require much processing power.
Tobey Maguire’s a fat spidey!
That man’s gone to seed seriously and I just can’t imagine why he didn’t make any effort to go the gym since he’s getting good money and tremendous media coverage for this series. I thought actors have to suffer for their art and make it seem like they deserve all the millions they rake in from each big budget assignment?
Somehow his big protruding eyes remind me of:
Ok, I am a little meanie. No offense. It’s just the first association my brain made.
I always found Kristen Dunst a little “blah” in the looks department but there’s nothing to complain about her acting skills. =)
I am just a little disturbed about the last scene where Peter Parker entered the pub she was singing at and when he reached out for her hand, I didn’t go “Aw…how romantic”.
Instead I went, “Eeeewwww, someone throw Kristen a razor please?” We would have thought that for a multi-million dollar film, they would have the capacity to send the lead actress to a waxing parlor? ARGH!
Don’t "tsk" me. The industry creates and presents flawless characters who are larger than life. Details DO matter.

The supporting roles are eye candy which makes up for the lack thereof in the leading roles.
Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy
And James Franco as Harry Osborn
Ok, enough but Spiderman. I love MOS burger’s rice burgers! Ate an Ebi Rice Burger and I almost thought they caught the prawns straight from the freshwater pond and made them into patties before serving it to me. So yummy and relatively healthier than Mac’s Chicken Fan-tastic Burger.
At MOS Burger, testing out my latest camera phone (cheap deal). For a 2 megapixels phone, I am not complaining. I pay for what I get afterall. =P


Starting from the top: Messy hair, Act cute Shot, Making Funny Faces, 'Normal on Most Days' Shot

Friendly Sisters Shot

Kungfu Fighting Michelle Yeoh (Nah, just me. Ivy Yeo). But I can still punch you hard if you make me angry. DO NOT PROVOKE!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remind you of who?

9:29 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Sorry, didn't finish posting. Now you see it, don't you?
Kermit the Frog.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL XD Ivy girl, the kermit the frog association made me laughed for a good minute! yah agree that kristen looks rather blah for an actress :P

your skin is soooooooooooo good and flawless!!!! mine's a horrible mess lately with pimples and oilseeds lining my t-zone *sobs*

i like your white watch! ;)

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ivy, you sure is a good-looker! Your complexion is so perfect!!!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kermit the frog association made me laugh so hard too ... ha ha ha.

Seriously? You saw that Kristen Dunst needed waxing?! Oh dear, I watched that movie on a Digital 4000 cinema. What was I looking?!

Erm ... from a guy perspective, I actually do like Kristen Dunst a fair bit. I have been a fan of hers since the day when she acted in that vampire film. I always thought that she is probably the best superhero's girlfriend so far ... (think Superman, Batman ...). But I have to admit, she seems to have aged a bit in this new Spiderman installment.

12:36 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Jenn: No lah, the lighting is misleading. A bit tired. So...eyes are reddish too. Skin is dehydrated. I fell in love with my white watch at first sight. And though I was a poor undergrad then, I just had to get it. It's from 25 Hours. Forgot how much already.

To Lani: Thanks gal for the kind compliments. The lighting's helps. Me drink lotsa water daily. But never sleep enough. Skin suffers on most days...Grey and muddy looking most of the time. It was a good day I guess.

To Wilfird: Maybe you were focusing on the romance, the mood, the love emanating from the couple? And I am just an unromantic critic. ;-P That's why I noticed this trivial detail.

Yep, Kristen has her legion of fans. Heard she did well in her "Marie Antoinette" film. Since you mentioned vampire movies, Kate Beckinsale makes a fine vampire slayer!!!

1:36 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Oh yes Wilfrid,
I like your blogsite. Keeps me updated on movies and music albums. Sweet! I am a regular now!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I actually find Tobey Maguire kinda hot.. when he's thin I mean;).

Lovely pictures, especially the last one. You have the makings of a kungfu star;)!

6:49 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Xinyi!!! You're back!
Well, Tobey makes a good father and that's all it matters! =P

Haha, yea, maybe one day Hollywood (usual style) wants a small but deadly Asian kiss-ass female ninjia. I will try auditioning for the part. ;-)
Hollywood loves Asians to do kungfu. It's quite amusing really.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!