Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Marriageable Candidate

Grey’s Anatomy is a terribly addictive drama series. Fortunately, not having Season 3 for the matter is the best way to stem the madness from taking place. Phew!
Anyway, Isaiah Washington, the man who played the role of Dr. Burke is fired and thus, Season 4 does not include him. At least, not for now. Entertainment is fishy business and nothing is absolute in this industry. Remember, cocaine snorting can make you richer. -_- How terribly absurd.
Anyway, while devouring the series, I suddenly thought about the issue of "marriage- ability".
Given a choice, who would you pick in Grey’s Anatomy?
As for myself, I would narrow my options down to Patrick Dempsey—Dr. Shepherd and Isaiah Washington—Dr. Burke.
It’s a tough decision if one has to pick just one. But I would eventually pick a character like Burke to pursue a spousal partnership.

Both are equally intelligent (in the show). But Burke’s character is more dependable. Grounded. Faithful. Homely. Strong. Manly. Seeks a long term relationship. (Bonus: Can whip up a mean dinner).

Shepherd’s character makes girls go weak in the knees, inspires feelings of lust but gives a sense of insecurity.

Oh well. So, my heart whispers "Shepherd" but my head says “Take Burke”.
Plus, being a cardiothoracic surgeon, Burke is more capable of mending broken hearts. ;-)

Is it crappy to engage temporarily in this exercise of choosing a fictitious life partner? To some extent. But it does throw perspective at the types of people we will take as soul mates, doesn’t it?

It’s so telling. I am a person who is not into looks but reliability in a man.

(Well, but many ladies these days are drawn towards good lookers and when they gush about how handsome their counterparts look, I wonder if that’s a big priority in shaping their choice. The only consolation? Man is not the only gender who objectifies human beings of the opposite sex).

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger min said...

mcdreamy is all i'll ever want...
lol

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i miss the show so much! Im waiting for season 3 DVD...

Anyway, if i have to choose, I will take Mcdreamy too... I personally find that Burke is a bit too egoistic for me.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

the most important thing for me? personal hygiene! hahaha :P

jokes aside, yeah, reliability is a big thing for me. looks, comes secondary.

i've never watch GA before leh!! must get the DVDs liao!

9:13 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Min: Yea, Mcdreamy is definitely a heart stealer.

Lani: I miss the show so much too! Ooo, come to think of it, Burke is indeed a little competitive. But I guess his character's like that. Because he practised REALLY hard. ;-)

Jenn: I wish for clean neat guys too. Just that, guys are the generally dirtier gender--pun unintended. =P

12:17 AM  
Blogger ジュウィタ said...

I stopped watching GA after the 1st season simply because Channel5 always has the stupidest time slots ever and I don't bother buying the DVD. But I remember liking it a lot ^__^

I think your analysis is interesting. But if I were to choose, Dr. Shepherd gotta be the man. It's important to have a guy who can just sweep you off your feet like that. Just say, I'm a little impatient to wait for a man like Burke...haha~

7:40 PM  
Blogger renzze said...

I love GA and watching season 3 now.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!