Saturday, June 23, 2007

CommunicAsia 2007-Display of Male Idiotism

Went to CommunicAsia 2007 for a trade event today. The contacts and product knowledge obtained from this exhibition are pretty substantial.
The only gripe I have is that there are many pseudo-trade visitors roaming around and they were just there:
a) For the freebies (a couple of middle age uncles and aunties asked me which booth I got a shopping bag from—hello?) OR
b) To snap photos of the show girls

I tried to recall the location I took the bag to store my brochures but couldn’t. It was after all a big hall. I finally shrugged and waved the lady off. I was too pre-occupied talking to a colleague on the phone to entertain another enquiry from the uncle who mumbled unintelligibly to me.

But it was the hardcore shutterbugs whom I simply despise. It was apparent that the products and technological offerings were not what they came for. “醉翁之意不在酒.” They requested eagerly for the showgirls to pose and look in their direction while they went into a trigger happy frenzy.
They were a pain because they got in the way of serious visitors like me and we had to stop in our tracks to let them have their photo opportunity.

LOSERS

Seriously, guys. What do you do with photos like these? To begin with, the girls are still fully clothed. Most of them are just normal looking girls with tons of make-up on. I spotted some past year beauty pageant participants in the bevy of showgirls. A tad sad, but I digress.
Anyway, to cut the long question short, these photos are not even “wank worthy”.
(rolls eyes in mock exasperation). Yes, we ladies don’t get the mentality of some lowly evolved male-like creatures.
Pardon my crudeness. I am really agitated by these human obstructions. They are worthless to the exhibitors too. Apart from boosting the numbers of visitors for the event to appear a roaring success. Can’t imagine anyone dating a guy like one of these salivating primates.
Oh, wait a minute. Perhaps that explains why they had to resort to collecting digitized female companions on jpg files.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

Auntie, You jealous ar? haha... that you're not one of the girls? Was the exhibition at expo? then you might have walked past my fren working there. Oh please, given the same amount of money I would die to be in those girls shoes anyway. Who doesn't like such attention. So madam.. don't be such a green eye monster. :P

1:22 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

My issue isn't about the girls. Can you imagine if Mr. Sam goes to fairs to snap pictures of the girls. Totally GROSS.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hmm.. i don't have a problem with those PIGs (lol!).. the ones i simply cannot understand are mothers who bring their tiny babies in their prams to fairs such as this! why they do that still continues to baffle me.

anyway, nice candid shots. lol!! i esp. liked the "be still my heart" caption. hahahaha!! XD

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!