Monday, June 18, 2007

Fathers’ Day Celebration

Went to Novena Square 2 for a luncheon to celebrate Fathers’ Day. It was my first time there and apparently, it is a Korean themed mall. Nothing spectacular because there is still a local mix. And the ‘Korean’ apparels and accessories sold in some shops over there seem to come from other North East Asian sources. \(-_-)/

Obviously, we patronized a Korean restaurant on Level 3. But the service was bad as their staff behaved like they were beleaguered and underpaid.
The food’s nothing to rave about and so, I didn’t even bother to remember the name of the restaurant.

To begin with, I DO NOT LIKE Korean food. It’s a little crude for my liking. I don’t know if you get what I mean. My most blatant would be “They look like dishes meant for the pigs.”
The only thing I wanted was the Korean Ginseng Chicken because they stuffed the chicken with glutinous rice—which is the only way I will have it.
Unfortunately, the soup was bland. Sigh.

After that, we went shopping. And Aileen continues to amaze me. She spent Friday in this mall and went home empty-handed save for 2 packets of Korean tidbits. Today, she didn’t get anything for herself too. I told her that if I am a guy, I would marry her cos she’s good and low maintenance, and has nice assets. >_<
Oh, then again, maybe not. I know all her bad habits and don’t think I can live with them.

As for myself, I got a dress, a top and four bangles. And it was speed shopping within an hour.
Ate a cup of Mr. Bean's Soy Ice-cream before we left for home. I like it loads. Tastes like 'Beancurd'--Tao Huay, which is something I really love.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

i don't like Korean Food too!! except for nongshim's spicy noodles :P

so sorry to hear about your bad experience at that restaurant :P i cannot tolerate bad service too... what more bad service + mediocre food. gosh.

"I told her that if I am a guy, I would marry her cos she’s good and low maintenance, and has nice assets. >_<
Oh, then again, maybe not. I know all her bad habits and don’t think I can live with them."

wahahahhaha!! that made me laugh like mad!! you're funny!!! i can totally relate with that. come to think of it, yah... my younger brother is a really nice chap, but no way in hell can i stand living under the same roof as him. LOL XD

post pictures of you wearing your newly acquired loot! :D hehe!

7:26 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yea, my sister is Miss Messy. And I am Miss Fussy. Cannot lah. I may well kill her if I live with her alone.

I wish I could post more pictures. Just that it requires time to wear then snap photo. And I need to iron my clothes. When I finally wear it out, I will be in a rush to get out of the house.

Honestly, I am amazed that many ladies can pose so prettily for a shot before they make their way out everyday--or on some days. Those in LD, you know.
I get out of my door like a tornado daily. =(

2:16 AM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Haiya... talking about ur lil siblings in their face! How crude. I'm not Miss Messy. people like me call ourselves miss Arty. It's an art to pile clothes and bags on the floor. u need to have the relevant skills to find ur stuff too. :)

I was disappointed with the lunch too man. But im ok with korean food. They say Kim Chi was the thing that made korea free of SARS! *no wonder i feel so strong already* muahaha..

11:11 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I don't think I've eaten "real" Korean food before in Singapore (there always seemed to be better food choices around). The Korean food in the US, however, is surprisingly decent. While still no where near my top choices for Asian food, I do enjoy simple fares such as spicy tofu pot, marinated spicy pork, and Korean BBQ ribs.

2:34 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Aileen:
Very funny. You're still Miss Messy. I cannot see the 'art' of chaos leh. But I do acquire the art of not tripping on stray items while treading across your room. =)
Nah, I like your Cold Soba noodles. Who cares that you are Miss Messy now. ;-P

To Xinyi: That's great. The US of A offers great food variety at decent quality.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!