Sunday, June 10, 2007

Craziest Buy of the Year (to date)

This pair of designer spectacles set me back at a tidy sum.
It has transition lenses so it turns grey in bright sunlight. A pair of sunnies and reading glasses combined into one.
Aileen rolled her eyes at me and scoffed at my new glasses.
“And who are you, creature?” she interrogated. “Jimmy Neutron?” I sniggered a little. (Jimmy Neutron has an outstanding hairdo. But I don’t think he wears glasses).

“No, I am going to be in the next X-Men team, since Jean Grey/ Phoenix has died. I am the one with the brain power,” I cheekily retorted.
Aileen’s eyes were on the verge of rolling out of their sockets.
“Hey, it looks geeky on you, ok?”

“No, it’s cool. Cool with the Capital C. It captured my heart the moment I laid eyes on it,” I defended my taste fiercely.

“What are these? You need 2 pairs of antennae to receive signals from outer space?” she attempted another dig at me.
“You sure you wanna wear this to work?” she was incredulous.

“Yea, why not? I need glasses when I do work on the computer anyway.”

“Boy, you are weird,” she concluded.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The next time she saw the glasses on my desk, Aileen commented, “This is the first time I ever saw a pair of standing spectacles.”

“Now, isn’t that something?” I thought and smirked quietly to myself.
Postscript: *Will post a geeky shot of myself wearing this soon.*

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG IVY!! your specs can stand... how cool?!

Now.... i have to agree with your sister... its weird... haha *oops*

But nvm, I'm sure a pretty babe like you still can carry it off well, post your pic soon!

7:46 PM  
Blogger yuE said...

hmm... neat.
where did ya get it..!

12:58 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Lani: Yep, I am an eccentric gal with weird taste. Haha. Alright. Will take a geeky picture soon. ;-)

To Robbie: Hiya yue! I got it at my Choa Chu Kang area neighbourhood optical shop. Rare find. It's really a tad too expensive for the location of the shop. Haha. You live in the far East area leh. CCK to you is like, end of the island. =P

1:19 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I'm waiting for the geeky picture too:D!

3:49 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Xinyi:
Can't wait for your French and Spain travel entries! I want to go Europe by next year!

Tell me if the French women are slim, chic fashionistas--the media makes them out to be. =)

12:41 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

are these glasses in the trend now? i've seen quite a few guys here wearing them already!! :D

me waiting for your geeky pic too! ;)

a friend once told me that the women in UK are generally huge and have no fashion sense, and those who are not, must be from Paris -___- i'm curious to see how true is that too!! :P

10:46 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Jenn:
Yep, these black framed but edgy glasses are in.
True. Guys wear them look cool. Girls...Guess it takes some courage. Plus, girls usually look better without glasses. But I kinda am drawn to those in glasses too. Gah! I really have varied and erractic tastes.

Ok, will not disappoint you readers. I will take a shot for amusement sake maybe over the weekend. My camwhoring index is still a 2 out of 10. No motivation. Honest. ;-P

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!