Thursday, June 21, 2007

The GSS 2007...fondly missed

I feel a bit left out of the Annual Great Singapore Sale.

When I read about other ladies snagging great buys at bargain prices, I am saddened. I have yet to partake in this annual 'shop out'. I am always feeling deprived. I am still paying top dollar for online shopping.

Where's the retail therapy that can only be derived from physically scouring the shops, fingering the fabric and looking at one's reflection in the mirrors of deceptively lit changing rooms?

None for me yet.

I am afraid this deprivation will turn into a monster once it is unleased.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

dear girl!! please do yourself a favour and go release all that tension to prevent a credit card explosion!! LOL!! hope you have the time to do soon soon!! :D

the hamster pic is superrrr cute!! haha!! have i ever told you that i love hamsters? my last pet was Socks and he's a teddy bear hamster :D

wine and cheese - reminds me of Remy from Ratatouille - a rat who loves good food!! can't wait to watch it! :D

1:38 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Aiya, when u realise u're shopping lesser, ur account is also ballooning. Isn't that some kind of bank therapy too? (at least it is for me :)

What are you complaining? U receive packages practically everyday. I think that's very gratifying too. I don't even receive mails :(

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ivy, cheer up!

I often find that the GSS is not that fantastic. Usually the sales items are just a small section and the nice clothes are still not on discount.

And i agree with crazychick, don't deprive yourself too much!

3:46 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To crazychick: Yep, the rat with a love of fine food. Socks is such a cute name. Not to mention, how endearing. =)

To Aileen: Yep dear sista. You have an innate ability to stroll down Orchard Road and emerge from the other end empty handed. We are really polar opposites in this area. =P

To Lani: True. GSS is like a annual gimmick. Lures people with a sale sign but the nicer stuff is still not up for grabs. I bought some stuff already. So I guess, I ventilated my deprivation already. ^-^

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!