Monday, February 18, 2008

Hotel California


Zipping off to California this coming Wednesday morning. To be specific, I am heading off to San Diego.
Sitting on a plane for an entire day is no joke. But the initial grouchiness is gradually being replaced by a nice warm happiness. Yes, it’s still chilly over there. But it’s great that I get to travel more comfortably on our local airline—a lovely upgrade from my sweetheart.
And of course, I am looking forward to exploring the place for 2 days apart from the conference we have to attend. Maybe a game of amateur golf on Torrey Pines Golf Course? I pray for a safe and fruitful trip.

Any recommendations of what to do while in San Diego, Xinyi and Darren? =P

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Xinyi said...

Welcome to California!:D
I've actually never been to San Diego;p, but I heard that the Balboa Park is a must go.. check out the Spanish Village Art Center in the park, styled after a Spanish village in the 30s, and home to many art galleries and studios. I think you can get pretty good shopping there if you are interested in jewelery and prints.
Check out the website: http://www.spanishvillageart.com/

If you like spas, I heard from a friend who lived in SD that the Beauty Kliniek Aromatherapy Day Spas is one of the best spas in CA, if not the US. :)

Wanna go hiking/beach bumming/golfing? The Torrey Pines State Reserve is for you.

Have lots of fun! I wish I could go and meet you in SD, since I've never been there!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

your sweetheart is a real sweetheart! :D have a safe trip girl!! :)

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love California. Have a good trip and take many pictures :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger DeeLu said...

am i too late to comment... being that SD is an hour from my place and all that... well there's always the world famous SD zoo, SD sea world... then there's Lego Land if u ever had a childhood filled with legos u will love it... then there's just chilling at downtown SD to sip a cup of coffee while reading a book, tanning at La Jolla beach, Univ California - San Diego tour... when are u coming... singapore airline doesn't fly straight to SD right... u'll have to transfer from LAX... well give me a holla if u're out of ideas

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!