Friday, December 14, 2007

Getting a Taste of the Famed Donuts!

When Scott offered to buy us Krispy Kreme for breakfast one Wednesday morning, I was filled with immense gratitude for his kindness.
Come on, it’s the donuts I have heard so much about and not tasted yet!
Here is it! WOW! o-0
Sugar overload for the day.
Verdict: They do stay crispy all day. Too sweet and second helpings not recommended. In fact, I didn’t finish an entire donut by myself. I tested all of them though and well…folks in Singapore, Donut Factory is worth the queue more than Krispy Kreme. I guess bringing in the franchise for this product then would make little business sense, especially when the incumbent is actually yummier.
So, when Scott arrived in Singapore after we've returned from Stamford, true to the personal promise I have made to him, I allowed him to try our local donut offerings. Peanut butter glazed, double chocolate and spicy cheese. =P

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Wilfrid Wong said...

You do know that donuts are not that health, do you? :)

I heard many good things about Donut Factory. Just no patience to queue :(

1:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

wow!! those glazed donuts sure look fattening!! ahahahaha :P

i haven't tried any "branded" donuts before!! no, not even dunkin donuts! thats how sad my little island is :D i've read so much about Krsipy Kreme in SG and the pics some gals posted in their blogs sure look yummilicious!!

so, what did your friend Scott say about your local donuts? :D

7:31 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I've eaten KK once and I don't really have to urge to try it again:). I've heard so much about Donut Factory though.. def going to try it when I go back! Spicy cheese sounds great.:P

1:53 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yep Wilfrid. Donuts are bad bad bad! I didn't know that till I saw a visual calorie chart one fine day and I was STUNNED! They look harmless but the damages (dependent on how naughty they are) they inflict may be bigger than that Big MAC. Yikes.

Jenn, I think Scott liked our local offerings...but I have no true idea cos he is one cultivated and polite being. He finished all 3 so I guess they should be good!

Xinyi: Please please sms me when you come back. Pretty please alright? I will feed you with lots of donuts over coffee! ;-P

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!