Friday, December 14, 2007

Sino Cravings in US

Ironic, but often we crave Chinese fare in a Western land. If you’re craving for some decent Chinese cuisine at reasonable prices, you can head down to P.F. Chang’s for a nice meal in the States.
I like the elaborate shop front and the interior—done in the style of the terracotta warriors and horses ("兵马俑") in Emperor Qin Shi Huang’s tomb.
Food’s quite yummy, a pity I did not snap any pictures. The restaurant’s perpetually packed but there’s a bar diners can have a pre-dinner drink and wait for a table. My glass of Japanese plum wine cost a mere $5 USD and it pleased me that I wasn’t ripped off.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

The place looks interesting!! :D would love to try out american chinese food some day to see if it's the same as ours! :)

btw, thats a lovely coat you have on! was the weather chilly? :D

7:28 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I've seen P.F. Chang around, but haven't actually been to one yet. Since you said it's good, I'm going to give it a try:). I ditto the above.. I love your coat!

1:54 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Thanks Jenn and Xinyi. Yep. The coat looks better in real life. Very victorian with a high fabric + lacy collar. =P
It's a Hong Kong brand called "南梦". They sell lovely stuff. Too bad I don't get to wear it often.

Hope you will like P.F. Chang then, Xinyi! =)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!