Monday, February 11, 2008

Tick Tock, Please Stop the Clock!

I wish I had more time in a day. Overheard my director telling someone over the phone that she wished she was given just 1 more hour a day and she would be contented.

I wished I had more time to work on things outside of job related tasks, to improve myself, to make my days more fruitful--like writing scripts, reading good books and reading the papers--LEISURELY.

I know it's not possible. So, apart from using up sleeptime (this is not recommended) and striking time wasting activities off from the schedule, I guess I have to speed up to free up time for my 'Want to Do' wishlist.

Godspeed then!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

my thoughts exactly!! i wish all of us had not only 1 extra hour, but 24 extra hours to the day. nowadays i rarely have the strength nor will to wake up extra early to put on some proper clothes for the office already. it's t-shirt and jeans all the way for like, the past 3 months? just gimme somemore time to catch some zees. lol!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The number 24 is created by human. A day could have 23 hours, could have 25 hours. The point is, if granting an extra hour a day doesn't translate to a longer life, isn't it just the same?

Finite time, for any given human being.

The point is, it is the choice we have to make. If we want to work 8 hours a day, so be it. If we want to work 12 hours a day, live with it.

I think there is only one asset we have: time.

10:10 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Time, an asset, a mere number. How we actually choose to spend it...
Great points Wilfrid. Very thought provoking. Alternative perspective that I failed to see! Alas.
Thanks for the insight. Now let me think about how to better invest my asset into a personally fulfilling area.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!