Saturday, December 29, 2007

Upsetting the Equilibrium

Something happened to me on Friday that threw off the balance of things.
Call me a creature of habit but I tend to like it when things go as planned, my way. And there I was leading my seemingly uneventful but placid life, planning on setting up new routines for 2008 when suddenly someone walked over to my desk at the end of the work day and in all seriousness tells me he loves me!
How often do you get that?
After I had confirmed it’s not a prank, I freaked out. This is one crisis I have no prior management experience. I was caught unaware, unprepared and dashed out as soon as I could.
Maybe the year is kind and decides to present an opportunity for me to sue someone. Geesh. It’s year end and an immense problem has royally plunked itself onto my lap to handle. To ignore or confront is the million dollar dilemma now. God help me.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, go for it !

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm ... if he is a potential, I wouldn't necessarily see it as a crisis :) If not ... just be frank?

Perhaps the strategies you have is more than just ignore or confront ... it could be embrace, explore, or decline?

Anyway, happy new year :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hahahaha... what a way to end the year!! :D but then again, you're so pretty and have a heart of gold, so it's not surprising to hear that :) pity the guy though... hahaha :D

have a great 2008 my dear friend! :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger yuE said...

hmmm... more importantly, what's the character of the chap who declared his love?

1:57 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Dear Jenn,
Happy 2008 to you!

Yue: Oh, obviously I believe that fella's character is highly suspect. =(

3:44 AM  
Blogger yuE said...

hmm... doubtful person...
guess u got ur answer to his declaration

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you love him?

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!