Thursday, March 01, 2007

Shakespeare in Training (SiT)

A ten minute script written for a play. That’s the challenge.

I have this nagging feeling that I have something to attend to. Finally realized that I wanted to enter this Short and Sweet Short Play Festival by submitting a script.

Crap. The deadline is 28th February 2007. I have 1 day to do it.

In the end, all I took was 1 hour. Perhaps I had the entire play figured out in my head. I have always thought that short plays are the most challenging to craft. Firstly, there will not be room for the personalities of the characters to be well explored. Secondly, I like any story/play/script to have a semblance of a beginning, main content section and a proper ending to it.

10 minutes???!!! You’ve got to be kidding, right?

Actually, NO.

I think I have written a play that I may well like to watch.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

P/S: For aspiring theatrical actors out there, you might like to audition for roles of the winning script entries. No remuneration. You are an ASPIRING actor, remember? Enuff said. Nobody (writers/directors/cast) gets paid in this play festival. Say it’s in the name of fun, passion or for your portfolio. We are all driven by different things.
As for myself, it’s 1 hour of literary pleasure. My very first semi-professional script. Sweet. Whether the script gets selected (40 out of like a thousand), I think I will leave it up to the assessors.

Click on this link for more information: Short and Sweet (Singapore) 2007.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

i want to read yours!! :D hope you win!! :D

5:30 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Haha, so paiseh.

The play is entitled "REWIND/FAST FORWARD"

It's about 2 different girls reacting differently to the deaths of their loved ones. One wants to get it over and done with, the other wants to turn back time.

That's the gist. =)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Do we get to read it:D?

5:38 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Sure, but it's so amateurish that I will feel slightly embarrassed. Alrighty. I will release it when it gets selected. Which is like, striking TOTO? Hm...

I will sleep on it in the meantime.

That's for your support gals!

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!