Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sheer Driving Pleasure


One of the best things about being in Suzhou is that I enjoy the privilege of driving a set of pretty hot wheels.

BMW—Sheer Driving Pleasure?

Hm…Ok, to begin with, I was such a klutz during my first drive about.

1. It is left hand drive there. At first I thought it would be more suitable for leftie me. But I have already assimilated myself to the world made for right handers. Crap.
2. Needed some time to re-orient myself with the different controls. Mistook the wiper function for signaling. Went into a mini frenzy when everything goes a bit haywire.
3. Tendency to speed (unintentionally) since it’s such a smooth comfortable drive.

1 thing though. I love the heating system. In the cold wintry days, it’s something to look forward to. Sitting happy and cozy in the seat while the electric heating system warms my back and butt.
The adjustable seat allows the driver to ‘lift’ himself up to get a better view too. The onboard monitor is a saviour to those whose parking skills sucks and the side mirrors are intuitive enough to adjust themselves automatically up and down to enable the driver to get a good look at the curb and at other obstructions during parking. Ah, the beauty of technology. Switch to manual drive at the click of a button, and control your music with a tap of another button. Doing all these safely without having to take your hands off the steering wheel.

Stability, comfort, safety, convenience, technology, engine power and sleekness.

What’s there not to love, other than the price tag?

I am sold.

Gonna dump some hard earned cash on nice cars in the future. Yay to SLK, M6, and XKR!!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

WOW!! you get to drive that baby!! envious! you must be sitting quite high on the organization chart to be provided with such a beauty! sad to say, i think i slave my whole life also cannot afford this :(

btw, i totally adore lefties ;)

2:05 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Nope. I am no big shot. Just well loved. \(^-^)/

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!