Monday, February 05, 2007

Nailing it down to hygiene matters

Ran out of ready-to-drink packet coffee today. So yes, here I am nursing a sore head after my caffeine withdrawal symptoms kicked in for the day. Wish I could buy those portable caffeine jabs. Oh crap, I sound like a recalcitrant druggie.

It's pointless to scavenge the office for some instant coffee mix. The workers here prefer tea to coffee.

Just over the weekend, I was having dinner in the city and took a quick walk around the place after my meal. There was this small underground shopping area (along the likes of City Link Mall MRT) selling cutesy fluffy stuff. I chanced upon a nail bar doing manicures for ladies and ventured in to enquire about their prices. I have this feeling that their services may cost substantially less and I can finally fulfill my vain aspirations of owning a set of pretty nails!

Ayumi always has pretty nails.

True to my prediction, a set of beautiful acrylic nails cost around $20 SGD. Even some DIY kits in Singapore cost more than this. I so wanted to sit down and let them work their magic on my digits but I could not stay that long. Sad to say, my hardworking hands then didn't get their well deserved treat.

In the evening, while I was watching television, it suddenly dawned upon me that if I were to possess the aesthetically appealing long nails, how in the world am I going to wash my ass among other things? I wonder how…

Wish I can have nails of such patterns!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

i wonder too!! :P

also, do you think they dig their noses with those?? ewwwwww...

5:59 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

True, I think these nails are too high maintenance. Can't dohousework properly, can't type on keyboard quickly without risking them falling off etc...
Guess the prettier the nails a gal has, the more leisure time she has. Think tai tai/ socialite. Haha.

6:04 PM  
Blogger min said...

oh god...i must be a slave then..

my nails are always breaking. lol..and not that it's pretty in the 1st place

6:52 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Min: =) Maybe that's becos you have to do the laundry. Actually, my sister has brittle nails too, and she's far from doing any slavish work around the house. Haha!

You can try Sally Hansen's Nail Strengthener or consume some health supplements for nails+skin+hair from GNC.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!