Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mr. King, I Don’t Want to Dream!

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
(Text taken from Martin Luther King, Jr.: "I Have a Dream")

To begin with Mr. King, the birth of every child, black, white, yellow or brown marks the beginning of another life story in inequality.
40 odd years after his speech in 1963, movies like “Crash” and “Babel” are still being produced and nabbing recognition awards. You go figure.

On a personal note, I do not want to have any dreams while resting ANYMORE! Gone are the days when I slumber in peace, blessed with a good night’s rest devoid of dreams.
Now crappy dreams plague me and leave me drained in the day. They are not nightmares, but they are sure are tedious. Imagine your mental faculties on overdrive even when you are physically at rest! How tiring! That’s tantamount to being awake 24/7, isn’t it?

Scream (1893) by Edvard Munch

I will leave my dreaming to my waking days, thank you very much! Praying for dreamless nights to come.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Aiyo.. hope you can sleep well soon! maybe have a hot drink like milk or milo before bed? take care!!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!