Friday, January 19, 2007

A-doll-ration

Boys and their Toys, Girls and their Dolls.

Alright, boys can have dolls too. Many guys do keep dolls—rooms full of them, in fact.
This avid collector is one of them.

The collector himself!

His room full of dolls!

Dolls of all races and nationalities

Life size Dollies!
Photo Credits: Yvonne Lim's Weblog

However, I prefer hugging teddies and stuff toys. They are so soft and furry!

As for dolls, these custom made beauties are the only ones I would go gaga over.

I was introduced to them by Samantha, a girl who brought one of them to class for show-and-tell (yes, this activity still takes place at college level).
Expensive hobby, since they have to order the body parts and eyes/wigs/clothes from Japan.


The collectors are involved in the entire process of assembling, face painting and styling their dolls. Each doll is worth a hefty 4 figure sum!
I marvel at how every doll is unique and so lovingly constructed.
I simply can’t take my eyes off them. Masterpieces indeed!

Photo Credits: Gothiquelolita

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahh.. first time seeing a male doll collector! most guys shy away from dolls cuz they're afraid of being labelled a sissy.

dolls scare me :( i always have this feeling that all dolls are evil and they will come to life at night to kill ppl! *shivers* must be the stupid chucky series that influenced me!

5:07 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yea, Chucky kinda freaked the hell out of us when we were kids. I can still remember his grotesque face.

11:00 AM  
Blogger min said...

oh dear...

i am one of those few who doesnt like dolls =)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LOL! yeah.. he's pretty ugly! :P

btw just wondering... your benefit loot arrived? :D

1:21 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Min: Yep, me too. Just admire but don't feel compelled to own any myself.

Jenn: Yes, finally! I got the same samples as you did. And I got a Benetint Lip Balm free for my purchases. Chose that over free shipping cos it's more worth it. Haven't tried any of the products received yet though. Haha. Procrastinator me.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!