Monday, January 08, 2007

Anime Frenzy!!!

I chanced upon Chobits (ちょびっツ) when I was looking at some stickers in a shop selling a hodgepodge of stuff.

The pictures are so well drawn and the female lead, Chii, is incredibly pretty.

Typical Gothic Lolita dressing, eyes that cover half of her small face and awfully long blonde hair. Anyone who looks like that in real life would scare the daylights out of fellow humans but let us just indulge in the incredible world of entertainment where the bizarre is beautiful and what the Japanese termed as, kawaii (可愛い).

After which I did an online search of the word Chobits and started reading the hypertext story of the manga. I wanted to get my hands on the series, but Comics Connection does not carry this particular set of manga. Kinokuniya has a several books in full colour but I was too broke to own them.

Recently, I saw this set in 新天地 Xin Tian Di in Vivocity City (shop opposite Pet Safari) and was thrilled! I am going to collect this series slowly but surely now. A pity they are in black and white. It’s the colours that make Chii so captivating!

Anyway, perhaps I should also collect the DVDs of the anime version.


There are several underlying themes in this story. The most explored issue throughout the series is that of human’s over reliance on computers. Other issues highlighted include the relationships shared between humans and their androids and the desire of people to obtain that ever elusive unconditional love from one’s soul mate.


A very enjoyable series, I would say.
To watch this anime, click on the links provided below:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Total of 27 episodes. \(^-^)/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!