Tuesday, January 02, 2007

All things good and wonderful…2007

New Year is a wonderful time.

Yes, yes, it’s overrated, I hear you grumble.

Personally, I feel that it is the equivalent of watching any sunrise for the dawn of a New Year brings new hope to all of us. Even the most jaded soul has a sanguine little voice in him that softly mumbles, “I hope that all things good and wonderful will come my way this year.”

So, why shouldn’t we make some New Year’s resolutions?
It’s tradition.
It’s to start things off on an optimistic note.
Just as every lottery ticket is the silver lining of hope for a better and richer future, your set of resolutions holds your dreams for a better state of affairs in the year to come.

“Yes, I can. Yes, I will. Yes, I must.”

So what if the steely resolve you set out with turns into a weak murmur of “Ah, I’ll try”? It’s after all what you hope will materialize. As for the fuel formula that motivates you to make good these resolutions?
I will say it’s a blend of Hard work, Constant reminders, Perseverance; and a good deal of Faith in God’s divine power.

My Very Down to Earth Set of 2007 Resolutions:

1. Eat nourishing wholesome meals that are catered to suit my constitution.
2. Abstain from diary products. Eat cheese rarely and abstain from dairy products. Switch to soy. (Personal condition: I have a mild reaction to dairy products. What took me Soooo long to realize?) Click here for scientific study on the adverse effects of milk.
3. Sleep early (before 11.30 p.m.) 3 days a week.
4. Take up Yoga/ Pilates before September ends.
5. Finish reading 2 fiction books and 6 non-fiction books.
6. Earn good money from job and use it to multiply wealth.
7. Start to draw up my business plan + market study + make a list of contacts for personal venture in 2008.
8. Devote any 3 free days to browse in bookstores.
9. Take time to meet up with 5 friends I treasure, but never keep in constant touch.
10. Be more patient and tolerant of family members. They may piss me off, but I never know when they may be gone.

The list appears to be somewhat of a numbers game. Yes, it is actually more realistic to allocate some digits to goals for vague guidelines get us nowhere. Take it from me.

Whatever it is, the New Year bodes well for me, mainly because I really want it to.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Happy New Year girl!! :D

Gambatte to you and me... hope we can achieve our resolutions! ;)


btw, i'm always wondering.. how did you get to know of my blog? :P

9:13 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Happy New Year gal.

Hm...I actually forgot. But I must have been googling for something, and clicked on your related blog link. Perhaps an entry was relevant, perhaps it was not. But I read through some of your entries and liked what I saw. So I started commenting.
Ah...1 thing led to another and now we know each other.

Divine intervention? ;-)

Anyway, am glad I know you. And luckily before you privatise your blog. =)

11:38 AM  
Blogger min said...

happy new year ivy !!!
:)

and yes, i got ur message but my bf wants to give it to his mum..so no need to return.

krkekekeke

8:04 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

That's good! Thanks for everything! =)

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!