Tuesday, December 19, 2006

All I Want For Christmas, I Can’t Buy…

Just when we thought money can buy stuff.
Just when I gather I have another 80 bucks to spare on a lil’ something.
Just when I finally wanted to get my ass off my chair to do some Christmas shopping for myself.
This is officially out of stock.

YSL Yves Saint Laurent Makeup fashion Bracelet
(I love how it glams up the wrist and functions as a uber cool accessory. Compare this to the Dior Charm and the latter looks cheap)

I thought the word ‘Limited Edition’ is a gimmick to send people flocking to the stores to grab a product and then sell it on Ebay for more than 200% the retail price. To create the illusion of exclusivity when it’s actually mass produced---think Hello Kitty dolls (does your house have a pair sitting around collecting dust on the cupboard?? Remember McDonalds?)

Ok, back to this.


I want it but when I called up the YSL counter to ‘reserve’ one, the staff told me that it’s out of stock forevermore. And doing a search on Ebay, I found some very marked up pieces. Enterprising Ebayers indeed. No way. I won’t pay.

Postscript: I noticed that my posts borders on the bimbotic edge nowadays. There has been a dearth of sparkling entries that reflect my thoughts and emotions. Why? Guess I am emotionally shallow these days. When you have just too much to handle in real life, articulating it in writing will drain you out even more.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks sweet!! how much does it cost?

1:38 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

I think it's 78 bucks SGD. Could be slightly more...but around this price.
I am so not happy...cannot get my hands on it.
Goes well with the little black dresses and dinner wear. ARGH!

2:23 PM  
Blogger min said...

hey ivy!!!

i will try to look for one for u here! what are the colours for the eye shadows?

7:20 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Dear Min,
That would be great. Yep, just keep a lookout for me. No need to scourge the stores especially for this alright?
Enjoy your vacation, that's more important.

This YSL Makeup Bracelet comes in just 1 palette offering. Just like what the pictures show. All pinkish shades.

Thanks for offering to help! =)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I absolutely love this:).
I'll keep a lookout for you if I go to the mall (no such luxury these few days, having exams:( )

11:04 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Good luck with your examinations. And see you on the 8th!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!