Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Songs are a bore, can't keep AWAKE


Josh Groban’s one of my favourite singers. He has a very mesmerizing voice—deep, rich and powerful.
Bought two of his previous albums, but the new release “Awake” is a disappointing production.
The lack luster compositions and trite lyrics do his voice a great disservice.
I mean, how inspirational can lyrics of such standard be?

Excerpt from the song “Don’t Give Up”:

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don’t give up
Because you are loved

Goodness, what a yawn.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

*slaps forehead* i only have two words for the songwriter:

WAH LAO!!!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yea, lyrics are awfully cheesy. The melody's better. In the usual anthem-like style of Josh Groban.

Zzzzz...

10:52 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Ah well... I still adore his voice though.

12:10 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

I love his voice too.
I hope better compositions come his way real soon.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!