Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Monday Blues

Feel rather sluggish and dull because of the rainy weather.
There’s only 1 word to describe this lackadaisical mood, and that’s “Sian”.
(My Singaporean counterparts will be able to understand this term.)


Has been raining the entire day and it is rather cold. Brrrr……

I took a look at my shoe rack and mulled over whether it’s time to wear my boots. (They have been in cold storage since I returned from Shanghai in February). Pretty things, but unpractical for sunny Singapore. I decided against the idea, since I wouldn’t risk mould and wetness on the leather, suede and furry bits. What use are they to me now? I moped over how much I spent on them. Unless I travel to temperate countries frequently…

Nevertheless, I hate cold rainy weather. In wintry places, I turn very unproductive for all I would want to do is sit near a radiator, hold a nice hot cup of Milo in my hands and watch the steam rise merrily from it. I will get the “sniffles” and feel utterly miserable. I hate being clothed in heavy layers because toilet trips would be a terrible hassle. I am plagued with great drowsiness during noon time and would take frequent forty winks. Not to mention outdoor walks. You may think it romantic (like scenes from the Korean drama of “Winter Sonata”) but nothing can be further from the truth. I will start trembling uncontrollably once I am out and at the mercy of the weather elements. My nose tip feels icy all the time and my fingers will go numb when I don’t wear my gloves (but I hate the restriction of gloves on the agility of my fingers!!!).

So there you have it, I am born to be a tropical gal. I dislike the grey dreary winter. I know many in Singapore would give an arm and a leg to enjoy the lovely coldness of winter, but not me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Same here... i hate the cold! i only like the rain when i'm ZzzZ and comfortably tucked under my comforter! :D

9:37 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yep, wish I can visit lovely Phuket like you sometime next year and bask in the warm but breezy climate.

Love sleeping in on rainy days too. =)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!