Saturday, November 18, 2006

Stealing Beauty...

Ok, I confess. I am a sucker for certain things. So, the latest beauty item I am going to blog about in this Friday column would be related to someone I have a soft spot for.

I don’t use lipsticks.
Nope. Perhaps I am not past the gloss stage yet. Lipsticks are meant for settled, established women and glosses for girls (and girls at heart).
And usually, lip balm is all I want to put, to moisturize my puckers.

BUT…..

Last week, I wanted to buy a lipstick.
Why? Because of Michele Reis. The most beautiful celebrity in Hong Kong. (This is my personal opinion).

L’Oreal has come up with a Limited Edition collection called “Color Riche Star Secrets”. (Seriously, the term ‘Limited Edition’ is a business strategy. Crap…)

This unique collection of “Color Riche Star Secrets” was created and signed by each of the L’Oreal Paris Actress Ambassadresses on her favorite Color Riche lipstick to represent her true personality.

The eight beauties who are the faces behind each lip color from this range are:

The ageless Andie MacDowell, Latin temptress Penelope Cruz, oriental beauty Gong Li and the exquisite Aishwarya Rai along with Milla Jovovich, Michelle Yeoh, Laetitia Casta and Michele Reis. They make up L'Oreal Paris international cast of Beauty Ambassadors who have a beauty secret in common. They each have a shade of lipstick that they never leave home without. Therefore, their respective lipstick features their signature on the cover.

The range made its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.

What L’Oreal says:
The Star Secrets range
was made with the purest and finest colour pigments to ensure even coverage and for added star appeal, lips maintain a refined shine throughout the day without feathering and fading.

The Star Secrets range contains a unique combination of Omega 3 and Vitamin E which prevents lips from drying out as well as rebuilding its barrier function.

The eight shades in the Star Secrets range include:

510 Flamingo Paradise - Milla Jovovich
511 Red Classic - Penelope Cruz
512 Mandarin Garnet - Andie MacDowell
513 Deep Rose - Gong Li
514 Coral Magic - Michelle Yeoh
515 Pink Suede - Laetitia Casta
516 Secret Garden - Michelle Reis
517 Tafetta Caresse - Aishwarya Rai

L'Oreal Paris' new Colour Riche Star Secrets is priced at SGD $17.90 or RM32 (West Malaysia) and RM35.20 (East Malaysia).

My personal review:
The lipstick texture is good! Smooth, silky and moisturizing. The color is soft and needs to be layered on to build up intensity in hue. If you don’t eat anything all day, it will not budge, so I guess that’s what it means when they states that it doesn’t feather nor fade. Otherwise, prepare to reapply after meals. Actually, I like the colour Michelle Yeoh is wearing too. But, since 1 lipstick is enough for now.

Thanks to dear Den, I was given the object of my desire:

Obviously, I fell for the marketing ploy. Can I be more stupid? But the lipstick is a value-for-money buy, not to mention the beautiful face of Michele Reis always comes to my mind when I put it on. And it never fails to put a smile unto my lips.


Photos and Profile of my kind of eye candy:

Name: Michele Monique Reis
Chinese: 李嘉欣 (Lee Ka Yan)
Birthdate: June 20, 1970 (Saturday)
Birthplace: Macau Current
Residency: Hong Kong
Religion: Catholic
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height: 5"7.5' (173cm)
Weight: 52kg
Favorite Food: ice-cream; chocolate; crab
Famous for winning: Miss Hong Kong Beauty Pageant 1988





Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

you know what?? She was the reason i wanted to get that shade although i'm dead sure that it'll suit me like a square peg in a round hole! LOL!

she's the ultimate asian beauty on earth. no one can come even close to her :P (and i think my boyfriend's baby nephew agrees. he would stare at her with his mouth open whenever her Loreal ads come on TV!)

1:35 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

So farnie. Abt your bf nephew! =)
Yep, getting a baby to gauge beauty is ACTUALLY has a rather scientific basis. They tend to focus better when looking at attractive people.
High five on lurving Michele Reis! Another thing we have in common.

2:21 AM  
Blogger ipretendimafilmcritic said...

umm hi... i am a stalker hehe...

Nah, I'm just searching for the ad campaign of this L'Oreal Color Riche Star Secrets and it brought me to this site.

I love Michele Reis and Gong Li! They're so beautiful!

I'm looknig for the Gong Li ad though and can't find it. Do you know where to get a picture of all the endorsers? Thanks

10:38 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Dear Nina,
Thanks for reading my blog entries. It's rather difficult to obtain photos of the Loreal celebrity endorsers.
The catalogue given out at the Loreal beauty counters do showcase all of them.
I tried surfing around for you on the Internet but didn't get any good shots.
Here's a link for a casual photo shot of some of the Loreal stars though.
=)
http://www.absolutenow.com/photos/LOrealgirls255031497.html

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!