Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wednesday’s Wedding

At Amara Hotel for the Wedding
Cousin Martin’s wedding was held yesterday…And we felt it was rather unusual, it being a mid-week rather than a weekend. Isn’t a bit hard on the guests since they have to work the next morning? Sigh. Perhaps it’s a good day according to the Chinese Almanac. *Shrugs*

I decided to dress simply, and donned on a dress I bought from Ale. Lovely wonderful Ale, who brings in such sweet dresses at an affordable price. This red and white checkered tube dress costs a mere $25.90 but looks like a hundred bucks. It has black lace trim lining the top and bordering the hemline of the dress. To add the last touch of magic, it is fluffed up by a layer of white ‘can can material’ petticoat.

I know this is not exactly your idea of being dressed ‘simply’. But, it’s not one of my expensive evening gowns, and I can’t be too casual in my choice, lest I get into trouble with my aunt. =P

I am rather tired, so here are some shots of the event. The professional photographer took all the rest of the family with bride and groom shots…So we are just waiting to get our copy.

Photos Galore:

Puss in Boots?

I: I am so bored...let me give ya a kiss!
A: I Dun Want! Kiss of Death, YIKES!

Sister Act

A: Sigh, when are they serving dinner?
I: Giggle, giggle...
A: Are you delirious from hunger???

Toastmaster Ivy (actually, I am mildly allergic to alcohol, so I don't consume WINE outside of home)

Posers DuhZ...

Honestly, we find the famous poser who DOES this a VAIN BORE!
Be more creative, can? Zzzz....

Lounging At the Cocktail Reception Area

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

the dress is soo lovely!! such a good deal at that price!

you and your sis are so goofy. lol!

8:18 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Heehee...Yep, and I was wearing Michele Reis lip colour that you wanted to see...But, I guess it is not very visible. Cos I didn't pile it on much and the colour's pretty mild. Plus, need super up close shots that I forgot to take. =P

11:38 AM  
Blogger min said...

looking good ivy! :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Thanks Min!
Good luck for your exams! =)

11:21 PM  
Blogger sgwholesale said...

I'm jealous of your size...! Thanks girl! Glad you liked the dress... Blog more~ update with more pics babe~ :)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I love your dress! have to check out the brand:).

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!