Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Sweet Deal from Mango?

I recall writing an entry half a year ago about MANGO.

And yes, it’s the time of the year again in Singapore. The MANGO/ MNG SALE!!!
These 3 simple words are enough to send the womenfolk into an excitable frenzy and scurrying at the swiftest possible half-run to the nearest branch.

I think I will give it a miss.

WHAT? I hear some high-pitched exclamations.

Yes, Ma’am. I won’t be joining you.

1. MNG is just so-so as a fashion boutique. Its collections are fine, but they don’t take my breath away.
2. This is one sale whereby if you are 2 steps behind, don’t even think about getting your hands on the item in YOUR SIZE and preferred colour.
3. I don’t buy display pieces. If the sales person cannot find an unworn piece from the boutique storeroom, I won’t buy it. (Unless they trick me it’s the ONE and ONLY piece they carry. As for MNG, it's all mass produced stuff).
4. I can’t buy anything when the shop is brimming with chaotic action and clothes are strewn in an untidy haphazard manner. Don’t get me started on the changing room queues.
5. Clothes are on sale most of the time. I can get a better buy somewhere else and still experience the oh-so-sweet retail therapy shopping brings.


Girls, can anyone enlighten me? WTF about MNG? (What’s the Fuss, alright? I am not swearing…) MNG? NAY.

On a more approving note, I read about some raves of H&M’s Daily Christmas deals.
I have to say, it’s a sweet deal. Dottie from Fashion Nation would like to get her hands on this dress:


And I say, YAY. She has her overseas sources to snag this deal. As for myself, I can only keep this lovely picture as a memento to salivate over. 19.99 Euros, gals!!!

P/S: This week’s Beauty Post is replaced with a Fashion Post.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

i don't go for MNG too.

the nice ones are too expensive, the the cheap ones are everywhere :P

MNG's having sale here too. am giving it a miss unless i happen to find something that i like :P

3:49 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

I agree with your nice but expensive versus cheap and everywhere comment.

FOS we like. =)

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay to mango!!!!!

lol

11:33 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Hiya Min. Hope you are having a great time in the US of A!

Lucky gal! =)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!