Saturday, January 20, 2007

This counter for faster checkout

The day’s too bright and sunny for anyone to feel down. Sunshine has an uplifting effect on people, much as girls hate it for its skin damaging UV rays. But sunlight is warm and good for the soul. When it leaves, the dark consumes our energy and leaves us drained of life. Devoid of hope and joy, morbid and cold.

Sometimes when we are more perceptive, the surreality of our existence suddenly grips us. Everything we see, every breath we take and the very life we are living out seems somewhat un-real.

So, this is Me. So, this is my life. So, I exist.

The thing is that we know every day is one day closer to death. Everyday we are dying. And for all that we do and will do, everything comes to naught the day we cease breathing.

So, what if instead of traveling the whole journey, we take the express lane?

Hemingway put a bullet in his brain; Virginia Woolf waded into River Ouse and never surfaced; poor Sylvia Plath gassed herself grey.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound suicidal.... DON'T DO IT! :D

8:51 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Yea, you are indeed right on target. It's just one of my 'moments' though.
But my unfinished business keeps me alive and kicking, instead of trying to kick the bucket. =)

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U know what...
I was watching grey's anatomy just now and then now, i surf blog and saw this entry of yours. How queasy...

Life is really fragile, sometimes it sucks. I think i should stop watching grey's anatomy, its making me feeling emotional and crappy.

7:22 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Hi Lani, I like Grey's Anatomy too. =)

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear!! hope you feel better soon!!

why take the express lane and leave your loved ones greiving when there's still hope and a great future ahead? :D

*softly* (actually, i say that cuz i still haven't experienced alot of things... like seeing my MAC collection grow and going to exotic islands and get married *blush* LOL!)

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!