Saturday, June 25, 2005

Grey Skies

Sometimes, you wake up to a bad day. Unfortunately for me, I knew today would be a terrible one since yesterday. One might say it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. Cos, you think it will be an awful day tomorrow and therefore, you simply start feeling blue the night before. Naturally, you will go through the day feeling down in the dumps. Perhaps.
Horrible day, it is! And the rainy weather, grey and dreary makes the day even more depressing. Usually, I love rain. I adore the soothing scent the wind carries before the rain. I love the crispness of lush greenness that fills the air after the rain. And I love watching the rain falling softly across the sky from the comfort of my room…I love the stillness of world outside when it rains, a time when the world tends to revolve less quickly.

But not today. I was sitting next to a kid by 10a.m. and was stifling a yawn. I am allergic to this child. I feel sleepy whenever I teach him. Next, I had to endure two grueling hours of torture inflicted by the worst bully in my neighbourhood. Nothing I say can coax him into learning. He sits around, drinking his chilled water, threatening to pour some on me. When he attempts to write an essay, it turns out to be only cheap sleaze cracked at my expense. Sometimes, I spaced out, and relieve myself from the annoying reality. Sometimes, I just wonder why am I there, subjecting myself to this sort of treatment. Maybe now I can empathize with people in abusive relationships. They either don’t give up, or have become immune to their pathetic lives and sort of live with it. Weird. I always thought I am someone who does not succumb to fate. Or take things lying down. Weird. Maybe I just needed something to pass time. Or maybe I believe there’s good in him, from the fact he’s blessed with really good parents. Yea…right.
So, in all, I ended my unpleasant day at 9 p.m. And since I had caught a cold, my nose has lost its sensation from the entire day of sniffling. Perfect.

The thing about bad days:
1. You will survive them.
2. Somehow, they will come to a close.
3. It could be worse. =)
4. Tomorrow’s only a day away. (Annie's Song)
5. You can sleep it all off tonight.

Unfortunately, the blue-ness of the day has yet to wear itself off. But it’s already the wee hours of Saturday. Shucks. (So, yes, Annhell, I do have my raincloud-follows-me-everywhere days…Zzzzzz)

Daily Trivia:
Charlie Brown (Hanging his head low):
"
This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!