Sunday, June 12, 2005

Weekend Frills!

Ok man, it’s the weekends. So, I think instead of boring the readers to death with lengthy reviews and whatnots, it would be swell to write about some light-hearted crappy stuff. Didn’t really do much today. Come to think of it, yea. Nothing constructive. Shucks. Was looking at this picture of Angelina Jolie in a “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” poster. Yummy! Angelina that is. Don’t think she’s a classic beauty, but she does exude her own sultry appeal. I think the Asian version of Angelina would be Christy Chung, best remembered for her Marie France advertisement. Hot too! If I were a guy, they would be the type I would lust after but nope, not marriage material. Son Ye-Jin would be my dream gal…Aww…Maybe cos she defines my style?
And if I were a gal, I could never look like them too, hard as I may try. Even if I were to pump ten shots of collagen into my puckers…I would just look like a goldfish who accidentally kissed a jellyfish. Ew… The moral of the story? Never try to look like anyone. Can you imagine asking the plastic surgeon for Nicole Kidman’s nose, Emmy Rossum’s eyes and Angelina’s lips, only to emerge as a Frankenstein’s bride? Shudder…
God created us beautiful in our own way and gave us the right combination of features on our faces. I am sure Aileen would agree. Right, my single eyelid pretty sis? =)
By the way, imagination overdrive… but has anyone pictured Angelina in the harsh winter with dry, chapped lips that’s peeling all over. Think you can even see the dying skin cells with your naked eye, writhing in pain and gasping for water! House of horrors! Run, people run!

Daily Trivia: International Left-Handers Day falls on 13 August.
List of Famous Left-Handers:
Ronald Reagan (40th U.S. President)
George H.W. Bush (41st U.S. President)
Bill Clinton (42nd U.S. President)
Benjamin Franklin (statesman/publisher/scientist)
Steve Forbes (businessman/publisher)
Lee Hsien Loong (Prime Minister of Singapore)
H. Ross Perot (businessman)
Joan of Arc (French heroine)
Ramses II (Egyptian pharaoh)
Alexander the Great
Julius Caesar (Roman general)
Napoléon Bonaparte (French emperor)
Henry Ford (automobile manufacturer)
David Rockefeller (banker)
Helen Keller (advocate for the blind)
August Piccard, (inventor of stratosphere, bathosphere)
Edwin Buzz Aldrin (astronaut)
David Letterman (host)
Jay Leno (host)
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise (entertainers)
Bart Simpson (cartoon character-yea, OMIGOD!)
Lewis Carroll (author)
Marshall McLuhan (author-understatement man)
Mark Twain (novelist)
H.G. Wells (don’t tell me you don’t know who these remaining three are!)
Michelangelo
Leonardo da Vinci
Ivy Yeo (er, who's this?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

Orh... hateful u... I almost wanted to comment on ur list of famous left handers till I saw my name, my eyes instantaneously lit up... Gosh yesh yesh.. I agree.. God gives us individualistic beauty to unique-fy us... haha...

And... back to ur list of famous left handers... have u tried listing the famous right handers? I think it takes gazillon blog pages to fill up... of cuz with me at the end of the list. *wink*

6:00 PM  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

my son xx is a left-hander too :)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!