Thursday, August 05, 2010

Lusting After Liabilities

“Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly” Baz Luhrmann mentioned in his awesome song “Everybody’s Free”.
I say, “Do NOT read fashion magazines, they will only make you broke”. Most of the things I buy, I lusted after them at first sight in their printed media form. Call it targeted shopping for me but magazines do a fine job of preying on the purses of women.

Here are 2 items that I would so like to get my hands on currently:

1. Piaget’s Possession Pendant (in Yellow Gold with an Emerald): Price Unavailable

2. Kate Spade Book of the Month Clutch (The Great Gatsby): $385 USD/ $650 SGD
Made of silk twill and leather, this one exudes a vintage, nerdish yet chic vibe.

Much as I have a weakness for beautiful things, I have enough discipline not to cave to such worldly desires—till I have some excess cash for them.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Braineysmurf69 said...

Everyone has a basic weakness for beautiful things and the only beautiful things that will make you happy in life are the beautiful things we capture with our own eyes. Take care have a good day.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!