Saturday, July 22, 2006

Timetable for Rest

How do you know you have grown older?
When you sleep early and wake up early too, even on weekends.

Used to sleep in the wee hours of the morning. Especially during my undergraduate years, even when there's no particular deadline I am rushing. I cannot comprehend why a friend of mine insists on sleeping by 11pm almost everyday when he can help it. Now I know.
That's called discipline!
Sleeping regularly requires discipline. Because few people find important. I mean, we love sleeping, but somehow or rather, we think that sleeping is a rather lazy form of activity. But if we sleep at irregular hours, we mess up our internal bio-rhythm. That means we find ourselves lethargic often and not performing at the peak of our mental capacity.
Moreover, if we cut back on sleep at the expense of other unimportant stuff, we are simply short-changing ourselves. We look and feel like dinosaurs. We think slower. (Obviously, this will not be apparent if we have always lack proper rest). To know what damage you have done to your body and well being, change your lifestyle. When you see and feel the difference, that's when you understand the torture you have been inflicting on yourself all this while. Well, it's not too late for me. Though if I had discovered it earlier, I will look sweet sixteen and have a PhD degree. ARGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!