Monday, July 24, 2006

The hare, tortoise, caterpillar and the snail...

Went for an evening jog to clear my head this evening. As usual, my pacing was a leisurely 2 1/2 min per round and I dutifully ran 6 rounds to make it a 2.4km run. Like that how to run a 5 km marathon in 20 min? Aiyoh. Must train before taking part in these events.

While I was running (running is a bit boring), I remembered a joke I heard from somewhere:
It goes like this: (practice my Chinese)

有一只乌龟和白兔赛跑, 白兔当然一下子就远远的超越乌龟。
可是乌龟没放弃,仍然尽心尽力的慢慢向终点爬去。
它爬呀爬,突然在途中看到一条毛毛虫。毛毛虫看起来爬得很用力,乌龟十分可怜它,便停下来让毛毛虫骑在自己的背上。
乌龟于是带着毛毛虫慢慢向终点爬去。
不一会儿,它又在路上碰见一只蜗牛。蜗牛缓慢得爬着,还不停的喘气。乌龟的心地好,不忍心看蜗牛这么辛苦。于是,它再次停下来,叫蜗牛坐到它的背上。
当蜗牛爬上乌龟的背,毛毛虫便很高兴得和蜗牛打个招呼,“嗨!你要坐稳哦。这只乌龟跑得真快!”

哈哈!笑话好笑吗?

Anyway, this joke is actually rather meaningful. It means, nothing is absolute in this world. And many times, it’s all about relativity. The tortoise is slow compared to the hare, but a fast walker in the eyes of the caterpillar and snail.

Whatever it is, I felt refreshed after the run, but am nursing a bad headache as I pen this entry now. Sigh. Going in search of Panadols soon.

P/S It's been a while since I type paragraphs using Chinese, if anyone spot any mistakes, tell me so that I can improve. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!