Monday, September 01, 2008

Day Trip to New York-24 August, Sunday

I was terribly jet lagged when I arrived in USA on Saturday morning. By the time I checked into Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, I was dead tired. After checking my emails and running downstairs to buy a cup of coffee and a stale cheese croissant, I plonked onto the bed and fell into deep slumber till 11pm. By then, it was too late to go out for some food and I reckon the hotel's room service will bring up terrible tasting food grudgingly (Room service ends at 12am for ordering food). I was too lethargic to bother about my whiny stomach, took a shower, planned my New York trip a little and went back to sleep. After all, I needed to leave my hotel at 6.20am for the train station to catch the 6.57am service to New York's Grand Central Station.
How I looked for the day: (Believe me, this is the only day I bothered to take pictures of myself in the room. Yes, I am this lazy).
I wore a mustard yellow Forever 21 tube dress with crochet trimings. It's a little dressy though. But hey, it's New York. I changed into sensible flats before getting out-which is one of the most sagacious decisions I have made this year. ;-)

The train station at a Dunkin' Donuts counter where the half asleep duo serve coffee, donuts and muffins with faces more sour than their sour cream bagel. I settled for a bland latte and a putrid looking blueberry muffin (of course I didn't finish that!).

And here are the rest of the trip to Grand Central-in the form of a slideshow. I will continue my Sunday in New York entry tonight.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

hey girl, didcha lose weight? your face look so thin! do take care of yourself while being busy yeah!

your hair's longer now! and ahhh, where better to dress up than new york? :D do post a pic of your tube dress!

are you still there in the US of A?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I'm glad you enjoyed New York! NY's summer must be glorious.. I was freezing my tail off when I was there in March. I'll love to see more pictures!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!