Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Status Report

I left for Tokyo on Monday evening, 11.45pm and touched down at 7.30pm Tuesday morning.
Arrived at Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel at noon and freshened up.

Staying on Level 35

The bathroom facilities are fantastic (talk more about it later) but to my horror, there wasn't any iron in the room. Instead, I found a 'Laundry and Pressing Services' price list. I AM SO DEAD.
My clothes are crumpled beyond redemption and I needed to be in office the following day properly attired. By that I mean looking presentable. Travelling for less than 5 days on the road does not entitle me to Laundry services claims. CRAP.

A glance down the price list sent a chill down my spine. Ironing for a ladies jacket costs around 10 sgd! Goodness gracious me! I took out all my clothes and hung them in the wardrobe. Counting the potential 'Pressing Services' cost almost induced a cardiac arrest. No way I am going to pay for something so inane, much less when I am not reimbursed for it. It slipped my mind that the iron and board provided in Western regions do not apply to Asian destinations.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I will think of a solution by tomorrow.

The city view is pretty good in my room. Will post more pictures up upon my return.

PS: Cannot find my camera transfer cable and my work laptop does not have an SD card slot. Pictures will be up the following week.

XOXO,
Ivy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

Now, wishing mommy was there? :)

You're finally blogging. Yeah.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I would be so dead if I couldn't find an iron as well! 10 bucks per piece. Ouch!

Anyway, enjoy your stay! Looks like a happening place to me :)

2:00 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Hope you found a solution to your ironing problem. Can't wait for your pictures:)!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!