Monday, October 15, 2007

Organic Goodness

Jurlique is an Australian skincare brand that has a cult-like following in the beauty industry.
For some reason, I am inclined towards rose scented products in recent times. Does it mean that I am getting on in years as ‘Rose’ is often a scent favoured by the more mature segment of the female population?
I got myself two products from the brand recently and they cost $60 SGD for the hand cream (125 ml) and $35.10 SGD for the Rosewater Freshener Spray (100ml). Previously I have been using their Lavender Hand Cream but after 1 tube, I find the scent a little too overpowering and common (everything's Lavender scented these days...).
One thing I truly like about Jurlique's products: They are Organic in nature. I broke out in mild rashes a couple of days back and wanted to visit the doctor but after 2 applications of the cream, the rash disappeared. Organic creams are definitely good for those with sensitive skin as they do not contain chemicals that may cause the skin to act up.
The downside is that organic products turn bad quickly, so use generously or frequently. How do you know? Take a sniff test. 'Expired' organic products no longer retain their original scents and may smell rancid.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Your beauty reviews are back!! YAY!! :D

i've heard so many raves about Jurlique!! but its sooo ex here!! the rosewater spray costs RM100 :S i also hopped onto the rose scented stuff bandwagon recently!! (think TBS rose home fragrance, Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater stuff... mmmmmmm!!)

true, organic stuff is the way to go. however, i'm such a lazy bum and i'm pretty sure that they'll turn rancid on me before i can finish them.. hahaha :P

7:55 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

We love Rose scented stuff! Hahaha.
True, the Hand Cream should be used moderately quickly. But actual expiry date is longer...as stated. One thing though, the natural oil starts turning bad after opening. I don't know...oxidation or something. Oh well. =(

1:31 PM  
Blogger hmmwv said...

Lavender. Like clothes softener.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!