Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend Recommendation:

Shadow of the Silk Road by Colin Thubron
Colin Thubron is the official GRANDMASTER of travel literature.

Feed the wanderlust in you and pick up a copy of this for your weekend chill out on your couch.
Journey through Northern China, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, then through Iran and into Turkey without leaving your living room.

Go to this link for READERS’ REVIEWS.
The readers have done a fine job describing this great read.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few years back, one of my buddies asked me to travel along Silk Road and while he takes photos (he is good at that), I shall write the journal. And we shall publish it as some photo/journal book. Thanks for the recommendation. I shall check it out and learn how to write a good travel literature.

11:18 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Please let me know when it's going to be launched in the shops. I would love to own a copy of your photo journal book.
If it's still in the pipeline, please let me know. I would love to join your 'team' on this wonderful journey--be it in the editing or hands-on process. But the Silk Road's a breathtaking but tough route to embark on.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Thanks for the recommendation:). I love travel literature.. I have been known to read Lonely Planet guidebooks for leisure:).

2:20 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Xinyi: Same here. Lonely Planet's guidebooks are one of the best in the industry. Too bad I don't buy any of them. The library and bookstore browsing is where I read them. =)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Ivy ... hey, thanks for your help in advance! You are right. It is a very tough journey. Unfortunately it is still at dreaming stage. I guess the timing is still not right yet but if ever we start the journey, you will be the first to know! :)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!