Friday, August 03, 2007

More than it Meets the Eye

Went to the reception area to get the newspapers and overheard a conversation.
“Aiyah! She’s not good looking at all!” Miss A commented.
Mr. TKB agreed and chipped in “He can only go for her body, not face!”

I looked over and saw the photo that prompted this discussion.

Ms. Irene Ng, MP of the Tampines GRC constituency.

I was incredulous. “What do you mean? To me, she is a picture of classy elegance and quiet intelligence!” I retorted. They begged to differ and there was no way I could have convinced them to think otherwise.

How mean. How prejudiced. How shallow!

It doesn’t help that this critical pair doesn’t look that fantastic themselves.
Now, if all I wanted was to focus on the appearance, the male looks like he has just stepped out of a Muppet show.

'Bin' Meanies Like Me!

Why does it have to be all about physical beauty? Why can’t we be a little kinder? Why can’t we look beyond and appreciate people for their finer points? When we judge, do we stop to wonder how we will fare using our own yardstick?

The most beautiful girl I have ever known has the most radiant smile and an angelic heart. She doesn’t look like a model but she touches lives everywhere she goes and it’s impossible to not to fall in love with her.

"Treat others as you do your pictures and place them in their best light."~Jennie Jerome Churchill

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

hahahahahaha XD i do see the groom's resemblance to Oscar. hahaha!!

the bride looks classy and dignified!! wassup with those guys?!

some (may i add, not exactly good looking) guys in my college used to spell out their gf requirements - must have big eyes, fair skin, long hair, not less pretty than xxx (insert pretty girl's name here), long legs, etc. i was like, ahem, you'll never get any with that face of yours. mean, but i hate guys who treat us girls as objects.

8:57 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To Jenn:
It's true. Shallow guys like these inspire me to spew forth some of the most colourful expletives in my Hokkien vocabulary.
Let me try:
With your kanna sai face, you think you can get a chio bu meh? Siao. Wait long long lah you, stupid xia lan person. Nabeh.


Ok, that came directly out of my fantasy. ---no guts to articulate out in real life. =P
Phew, feels so good to ventilate my anger out. Haha.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!