Monday, July 16, 2007

A Moment like This:

Health is wealth. Cliché as it may be, this adage strikes a chord when illness strikes.
I detest being sick (ok, who doesn’t?). But as I lie in bed, sleepless yet too incapacitated to do anything, I feel like a loser.
Why am I so weak—physically and mentally?
Look at Stephen Hawking. He suffers from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a type of motor neuron disease which cost him the loss of almost all neuromuscular control. Yet, he overcame all odds to become a world-renowned theoretical physicist.
Why can I be stronger, not succumb to my illness and be a functional effective being? Why do I need to be bedridden? It’s a case of the mind’s willing but the flesh is weak.

I don’t like myself as an invalid.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ivy,

I hope you are not referring to anything serious. Anyway, hope you get well soon.

Perhaps you can look at yr current lifestyle and see if anything can be improve for a healthier lifestyle. Eg. exercises, health supplements etc.

Take care gal.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Dearest Ivy,

i know how helpless and frustrated you must be feeling now. don't think so much and have lots of rest k! soon you'll be up and about already!! just get well soon ya! *hugs*

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ivy, you start to make me really worry. I hope you are getting better and not any worst. Anyway Stephen Hawking is my hero but the link you made is scary. You will be better, alright? You mentioned that it is a flu ya? I pray for your speedy recovery (and I have not been praying for years).

Get well soon.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I hope you are feeling better girl:). Bedridden sounds pretty serious!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!