Thursday, July 26, 2007

Optimism is the way to go

Charlie Brown once lamented “This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this.”

So I guess misery loves company and there’s no point moping or dwelling constantly on the terrible state of affairs that beleaguer me right now. Negative reinforcement is the worst form of self sabotage.

Hey, things are looking up. My vision is improving and apart from being bleary eyed, I guess I couldn't complain about anything else.
Thank you all for your well wishes and concern. Life is indeed wonderful to know that my life is filled with people who care and it’s just such an incredible warm fuzzy feeling that drives the grey clouds away. \(^-^)/

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Dearest Ivy, thats a very cute entry! :D hehe i love charlie brown! :)

so good to hear that your getting better!! continue to rest and take good care of yourself yeah!! soon you'll be up and about di! :D *hugs*

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayy! A tad relieved to hear you are feeling better, keep us updated on what the doc says after your review, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. :)

It's really attitude that determines how one feels, in times where you cant change the situation, you can change the way you think/feel about it. It all starts in the mind. And you, are a wonderful example of being positive. *thumbs up* ^-^

drink more water and dont get on the computer too often k :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

I'm glad to heat that you are feeling better:)! Rest your eyes more, and I'm sure you'll be right as rain in no time:).

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey hey ... good to hear that your condition is improving. Yes, happiness is the start of a new season. I believe that everything we experience especially the hardships are part of a much bigger picture in the future. I know it is all painful and depressing right now. But I bet you will come out as a much tougher person and you will treasure things in the future much, much better.

Go easy on yourself, smell the roses, and when finally fully recover (and you will!), I bet you will appreciate life much, much better. Keep writing!

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ivy, glad to know things are looking better :) continue to keep your spirits up yea!!

And once again, great music choice on the blog, I like the songs! :)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!