Friday, August 24, 2007

A Sweet Deal

I never go to Teppanyaki joints because after the meal, I will become a walking sniff meter of my lunch/ dinner.
Smell like food. Ewww, never.
Ah. But in life, it’s difficult to make absolute claims because, you never know when never turns into ever.
To cut the long story short, I bought some Dessert Treats products from Jessica Simpson’s range of beauty products. I do not admire her as an entertainer but I am someone who cannot resist scent-sational stuff.

Some are plain mistakes: Like her Candy Perfume. Double yucks.

But I love the smell of the Butterscotch Toffee Shimmering Hair & Body Spray (2nd one from right).
It smells like Swenson’s butterscotch ice-cream topped with smooth sweet caramel. I sprayed some on my hand and went into Aileen’s room. Her nose is the very ‘INSENSTIVE’. She can’t smell shit for nuts even if a dog were to leave a ‘present’ in her room. But then, she turned and eyed me suspiciously before commenting “What’s that smell?”

See, food draws people. To be more accurate, pleasant sweet dessert scents attract. When I put my mouth to my hand, it tasted sweet. Her products are all edible and without alcohol.
Yikes. There I go licking myself like a cat. This is something to keep hunger at bay and it’s a handy thing to feed my sugar cravings. Luckily, no ants climb onto me.

Another favourite: “Strawberry Sorbet” perfume. Smells like strawberry shortcake. And tastes just as yummy. The downside to her stuff is that the scents do not last long and they are a tad sticky on the skin.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

when she first launched this line i heard she got fired at by various Christians group because they think that her edible body creams will promote pre-marital sex among youths. hmmmmmmmm... no comment :P

i love butterscotch toffee! i can almost imagine how your body spray smells like! yum! :D

did you buy the stuff online or at the store? i don't know of any shops here in PG that sells this line.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me ... my wifee loves to use those body lotion that smells like buttor or grapefruit or anything that can be eaten ... it is kind of strange you know ... I mean, I think of grapefruit and I think of breakfast. And there she is smelling like a grapefruit at night!

Gasp!

Wait, you can actually eat those products?! Wow ...

12:35 AM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

To crazychick: What? Really?!!! Haha, if it did promote loving activities, maybe Jessica Simpson wouldn't have to divorce her hubby.=P
Yep, I bought it online and shipped it from US. Need to know whether it's as good as it is touted to be by some fans.

To Wilfird: Haha. You eat grapefruit for breakfast? Let me see...maybe Cynthia uses Grapefruit body lotion from the Body Shop. It smells so fresh and yummy!
Yep, for Jessica Simpson's line of products, they are all edible. All made with ingredients safe for human consumption. =)

1:48 AM  
Blogger Xinyi said...

Caramel? Now you've got me thinking;).

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!