Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Singapore food cravings…

One weekend, we decided to check out Food Loft at ‘IN CITY’ shopping mall.
Mind you, this mall is not only spacious, it houses Sephora, Mango, Zara, Pull and Bear, H&M.
Strangely, I didn’t feel a hint of excitement. Perhaps that’s because of the season (don’t like winter) or it’s due to the lack of moolah. Converting things to SGD not only is a hassle, it’s a sure mood dampener for shopping inclinations. Why are things so expensive in China? I feel so poor. Golly.
I digress. Here are the dishes we ordered. I thought that was quite a fair bit for 2 but locals here eat like it's their last meal on Earth.
(Curry puffs-20RMB, Hainanese Chicken Rice-28RMB, Hokkien Prawn Noodle-30RMB, Hotplace Tofu with Omelette-25RMB)= 73RMB (15SGD)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sensei Michael said...

Anything "foreign" here is always at
"foreign" prices, tagged with an additional round of transport costs (and money padding for the foreign owner).

One of these days, you should try White's curry puffs. Not as nice looking as what you see here, but nice taste nevertheless. My wife has taught her well.

Does the Hokkien prawn noodle taste good? I have yet to find any in China that tastes good, ditto the char kway teow.

4:34 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

This Hokkien prawn noodle tastes better than some offerings from Singapore!
But that's because I like them wetter (a lil' more soup base, please). The ikan bilis chilli that is topped on it is equally fabulous. YUMS!
I do not like the rather bloody chicken from the Hainanese Chicken rice. The dark sauce is not the version we have in SG. The 'chicken rice chilli' is likewise disappointing.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!