Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mount Huang-Huangshan Visit

I never expect myself to scale so many mountains in my life.
I have just returned from my visit to China and a chance decision took me to Mount Huang or Huangshan (黄山).
I intend to upload more photos soon but the weekend is precious and so, here's one for the time being.

Yes, I am above the clouds and close to the sun. Time check: 5.16am (Sunrise at Brightness Peak of Mount Huang). Everest someday?

Daily trivia: Mount Huang, also known as Huangshan (literally "Yellow Mountain"), is a mountain range in southern Anhui province in Eastern China. The area is well known for its scenery, sunsets, peculiarly-shaped granite peaks, pine trees, and views of the clouds from above. The mountain range is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of China's major tourist destinations.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

It must be really beautiful when the sun rises up there in the mountains!

How long do you need to hike to get to the top?

10:30 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Hi Jenn,
Yes, it's beautiful but the wind at dawn sends chills down one's bones.
I think the hike takes 5-6 hours up--intensively.
We 'cheated' and hiked half the distance from the middle. The first half was expedited by cable car. Hee.
More photos up soon. =)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!