Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cakes and Candles

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln

Yea, I am officially 1 year older as of today! I have been feeling old since I was twelve, so I didn’t exactly experience a pang of sadness with the passing of another year. But still, this is the phase in which young adults get hit by what is termed as the ‘quarter-life crisis’ and start habouring a sense of uncertainty, self doubt and question one’s existence and purpose in life. Nah…enough of the depression-inducing stuff.
(*Jumps around in a mad-capped fashion and waves arms crazily*)
First one to drop me a birthday greeting was Soh Teng. Thank you my bestest gal pal! It really warms my heart, especially when it’s you, the one with the busiest schedule, on the other end of the receiver.
Since today is a happy occasion, I shall put up a great video from Youtube (part of the Mr. Brown show). I was introduced to it by a rather enthusiastic Aileen. WATCH IT READERS! 100% satisfaction guaranteed! Hossan Leong is one great comedian—stage and screen actor. It’s a pity I did not get to train under him, during the short span of 2 years I was actively involved in amateurish theatrical productions. Nevertheless, Ivan Heng makes a great mentor, so, I am not complaining.
Hossan may be a 40 year old man, but he sure doesn’t look nor act the part. Definitely my source of inspiration.

Must-watch Video Clip:
We Live in Singapura by Hossan Leong


Some inspirational birthday quotations which I personally like:

“Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.” Jim Rohn

“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot.” Michael Althsuler

“No wise man ever wished to be younger.” Jonathan Swift

“Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.” Unknown

“At the age of 20, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all.” Unknown

Some witty birthday quotations which I personally enjoy:
“A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.” Robert Frost

“Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.” Unknown.

“The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.” E. Joseph Cossman

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!