Friday, November 12, 2010

Quoting from another writer

There is this blogger by the name of Dorothy who co-wrote the now defunct Fashion Nation. She curently blogs here.

I am so impressed by these paragraphs she wrote that I am going to place them down on my blog.

Here's quoting Dottie:
"Someone should write something for our generation. After all, we are in a desperate need to be defined by well-written words.

But what exactly can be written of us? We are not as foolishly brave, or as recklessly crazy. We have too much but do too little. We want everything because quite frankly, we do not know what we want at all."

Ah, the essence of our generation, so finely distilled.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Wilfrid said...

Ha ha ha ... that is pretty good. In short, we are born in peace time, never really suffer, and thanks to technology and efficiency, the world is so full of products - more than what we can consume. Call it lucky? Well, I for sure wouldn't want to see the what-if. What if the world goes chaotic tomorrow?

10:08 PM  
Blogger I.V.Y. said...

Actually, it will be interesting if the world goes chaotic tomorrow. That's when natural selection takes place once again and perhaps, the world is left with a yet stronger human race.
(I think I am warped).

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!